“Good place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed 2 night while visiting relatives. The hotel was pretty good. A few small things came up. They do not put wash cloths in the bathrooms. The trash was not emptied while I was there. The door on the TV cabinet kept swinging shut, so I propped it open with the refer. Small problems that would not keep me from stayin again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review about hotel, we really appreciate getting feedback from our guests so know what we can improve upon. I'm sorry to hear about the few small things that popped up while you were visiting Springfield. I'm going to review your comment with our housekeeping staff and maintenance staff to make sure in the future we are looking out for any TV cabinets that don't want to stay open and to make sure all housekeeping services are being completed properly. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Eugene/Springfield area.

Alaina Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stansbury Park, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was very clean, reasonably priced and had everything we needed. The breakfast was very fresh and the staff was great. The rooms were small but very cozy and comfortable even with 3 of us in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel. Fabulous!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were traveling. I am so glad our staff was able to take care of you. Our goal here is to make your stay with us like your home away from home, and I am glad we did that for you. We hope to see you again next time you come to the Eugene/Springfield area!

Brea, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Conveniently located of the I-5 in Springfield, Oregon the Gateway mall and about 20 places to feast in walking distance. This is a beautiful 3 level hotel w/elevators we stayed there for two nights very pleasant. Warm wonderful smiling welcome whenever we entered the hotel. Nice spacious room, bathroom could use some attention. TV is still tube but nice and clear reception. We were heading through the lobby to go to IHOP which across the street but gazed through the breakfast room and wow there was more then what we anticipated make you own waffles, Sausage links, scrambled and boiled eggs, biscuit and gravy, apples, oranges and bananas, cereal and juices and a lot more. If you are to stay in Springfield I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Conveniently located of the I-5 in Springfield, Oregon the Gateway mall and about 20 places to feast...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
To our Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kindest Regards,
Corvallis, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We just stayed at Quality Inn & Suites for the Eugene Marathon weekend. It was almost laughable how bad this hotel was. For example,

1. The toilet in our room stopped flushing in the a.m. We heard another guest complaining of the same thing in the lobby. The faucet shortly thereafter stopped working.
2. The water pressure in the shower was terrible... a mere trickle.
3. The room was dingy. There was a crack in the ceiling, the floor "popped" when we walked across it (weird), and the bathroom didn't seem clean (fixtures were streaky, mirror hadn't been cleaned properly).
4. They advertise freshly baked cookies on the billboard on the freeway. When we went to get some for our kids, the staff was really rude about it, and 20 minutes later, put out 4.
5. The coffee in the morning was literally ice-cold. The free breakfast wasn't restocked often enough, and the juice dispenser didn't dispense anything but water. This is bad enough normally, but when the hotel is full of runners wanting breakfast before the big race (who all had paid for a marathon rate), a cup of warm coffee is sort of a basic!
6. They advertise free wi-fi, but it was so slow we didn't end up using it.
7. Lastly, the staff was so, so rude... they seemed like we were interrupting them (and we are nice... not rude guests or anything!).

If we stay in Eugene for an event again, we will definitely not be staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that we were experiencing a rather large issue with our main water line over the weekend and we were working on getting it repaired as quickly as possible for our guests and I understand there were several guests with water pressure issues and we have resolved the plumbing issue. The other issues you mentioned regarding the breakfast, your room, the cookies and most importantly the lack of service you received during your stay are being will be addressed promptly.

Due to the severity of the issues you encountered at our hotel I would like to issue you a credit for your stay. I strongly believe that it if you are unhappy with any part of your stay and we could not fix it in a timely manner, you will not have to pay for that part of your stay. If you could please contact me when it is convenient for you, I would greatly appreciate it. My direct line at the hotel is: (541) 726-0465 or email: alainar@inncline.com

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Please don't waste your money here. We had to ask for blankets; rooms were ice cold when we arrived (it was in the 30's outside); in-room heater made so much noise we could not sleep; power cords all plugged into a power strip on the floor; only one luggage cart as the only other one they had was broken; only one employee working the breakfast on a Saturday AM thus,decaf needed refill, orange juice machine needed a refill and they couldn't find a key to open it, trash receptacle was so full we couldn't put trash in it, cereal dispenser unfilled. We had two rooms and both of our credit cards were denied at check-out. We called our respective credit card companies and were told that they did NOT decline us.. it was operator error by the hotel. I have to say that the staff was very pleasant but not enough to make up for all the rest.. oh, and it was not clean. Carpets looked as if they hadn't seen a cleaning in years and crumbs on the floors in the rooms. We are not that hard to please.. just the basics is all we ask! Thank You for listening.

Room Tip: find another hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review about our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (541) 726-0465

Tehachapi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We needed last minute accommodations over Thanksgiving and found them here. One of our party required a smoking room which was available (apparently a rarity these days) and for those who might find this an "issue", neither the room nor the hallway smelled smoky. We felt the staff gave us great attention and help a couple times when needed which was especially appreciated as it was a major holiday and they were working. The hotel was clean, fairly basic but comfortable. It was quiet even though located near the freeway. Several restaurants close-by. We spent most of the time at a relative's home (for the festivities), but the room time was restful and comfortable. Given the modest rate, comfort and friendly staff (always a plus), can easily recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel the Quality Inn & Suites in Springfield, OR. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the hotel a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing us here at the Quality Inn & Suites.

Alaina Harrison,
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We pulled into the lot of the hotel. I was very impressed with its exterior. It appeared to have been newly remodeled. The entrance was so inviting. As I walked into the foyer there was a beautiful lounge with fireplace. I approached the front Desk and was greeted by a young lady, Mckenzie. She was so sweet. She welcomed us to the hotel. She told me all about the amenities. She was very informative. I expressed to her how Me my husband and my four children had been on the road and we were road tripping cross-country and this was one of many stopovers. We originally had 2 queen bed room booked. Mckenzie understand of our needs and offered us the Family Suite at no extra charge being that we were Choice Privilege Gold members. I had no idea what we were getting and graciously excepted. I had mentioned that we hadn't had anything to eat and Mckenzie suggested a few budget options for us as well as she gave us coupons for area restaurants. She encouraged us to try out a local place called
HOP VALLEY BREWING COMPANY.
She gave me my keys to the room and We got all the stuff out of the car and headed to our room.This was such an enjoyable stay. Mckenzie made sure we had enough pillows and blankets as well as I needed milk late at night and she was so helpful in getting it from the kitchen without a hassle. The rooms were fresh and super clean.
After being on the road for such a long time it was nice to know that all our needs were met. The pillows and beds were super comfortable The bedding was clean and soft that we slept with such ease. This hotel is a great place to go with families. The staff went out of there way to make sure our night was enjoyable. Oh and the Restaurant she suggested, The food and staff were amazing.

Room Tip: Family Suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AlainaRHarrison, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. I want to thank you for your compliments about our hotel and our amazing staff. We are very delighted to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to assist you. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the Best,
Alaina Harrison

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!