“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Olympia, WA
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Beautifully decorated room and bathroom. I loved the granite tabletops. There were 5 in our party, 2 adults and 3 kids, and there was plenty of room. We had 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. The kids loved the pool. The big hot breakfast was great. Plenty of places to eat close by, both fast food and sit down restaurants within walking distance. The walls are a bit thin, we could hear the TV from the next room but the volume must have been very high. Will stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burlington, Wa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Stayed at this hotel in April during a family trip down to Southern California. Pulled off the freeway and stopped at a couple of other places, but they did not seem all that great for the prices they were asking.

Stopped at the Holiday Inn Express just before getting back on the freeway and were impressed with the price (close to what the other places were asking) and the hotel seemed pretty new. The front counter person was very helpful and set us up in a suite with two beds and a sofa-sleeper. This worked out great for our family of 4. The hotel was close to several restaurants and the front desk turned us on to a $1.50 movie theatre just down the street that provided inexpensive entertainment for the evening.

The next morning we were all surprised by the breakfast buffet that came with the room. Much more than the normal "continental" fare, this breakfast offered scrambled eggs and bacon as well as those sinfull cinimon rolls. Another big savings.

While all hotels seem to be overpriced these days, we certainly felt like we got our money's worth at the Holiday Inn Express. Helpful staff, large room with three beds and the free breakfast in the morning were just the ticket. We will certainly stop here again if we are in the Springfiled area.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

This is an excellent hotel. I walked up here on 4/9 after our travel plans changed, and secured a King Suite at USD149 a night.

Whilst this was originally more than I was going to spend for the night, in comparison to the Courtyard and the Comfort Suites, who are both next door and wanted the same rate, the hotel is a cut above its competitors and other HI Express hotels. In fact, I found this hotel to be such a high standard, that it could pass for a Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn standard.

Staff are friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Room is very recently remodeled with fridge, microwave, clean and up to date decor, a very comfortable bed, and free parking in the lot, free wifi and continental breakfast.

Out of the three hotels I visited (as mentioned above), this was the only hotel where the General Manager was in the lobby at 5pm (key business check-in time) and whose staff were geniunely engaging and welcoming.

The property is just off the I-5 (exit 195A) and has plenty of food and gas outlets in the immediate vicinity.

I certainly enjoyed this unscheduled stop and would recommend this hotel to anyone traversing the I-5 needing a welcoming, comfortable, and remodeled hotel with superior comfort and business facilities.

• Liked — Friendly staff and recently remodeled rooms
  • Disliked — Price was higher than I forecast to pay, but amenities well represented the cost.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gresham Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Just stayed at the HIEx for a Duck football weekend. This property must be fairly new because everything seemed spotless and in perfect working order. The room was very clean, quiet and well mainained. The beds were super comfortable and love the shower heads. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The location is close to the freeway and many restaurants and shops. It's about a 5 minute drive to downtown Eugene or U or O campus. Would definitely stay here again for a visit to the Eugene area.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

I had stayed at this hotel once before and it was great but what could have changed in a month??? This trip around I was placed on the top floor, directly beside the addition they are in the process of completing, but this shouldn't have made any difference. My biggest complaint is with the business/internet service since I book this hotel for those services. After checking in, I proceeded to my room only to find out that the internet availabilty that I specifically requested in my reservations, was non existent. My calls to the front desk resulted in nothing except a directive to contact their overseas tech help. This was of no use to me - there is no business center in this hotel thus I, like about 7 other residents, was forced to go down to the breakfast room and use the wireless there. For this reason, I cannot give this hotel a better rating. The room was clean and the location is pretty good but that can't compensate for poor service in the area that I need it. I booked out of this hotel after one night.

• Liked — Bedding, pretty good location
  • Disliked — no business or internet service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!