“Good value, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 Harlow Road, Springfield, OR 97477 (Formerly Crossland - Springfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
East Bay, Nothern CA
“Good value, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights while visiting my daughter at UO. Since it was a game weekend most all the other hotels in the area really have jacked up rates. I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel rates stayed the same. I had pretty low expectations, but was happy to find this was in a decent area though a ten minute drive from the school. They provided a top floor room that was clean, quiet and comfortable. I think most of the rooms are rennovated. Good shower(but bring shampoo), small kitchenette which is nice, no breakfast, and for coffee--go to starbucks or bring your own because what they do provide is not going to work!. Beds are a little too firm for me, but overall I'd stay here again. It's a good deal. There are a number of places to go nearby for food etc, but not quite in walking distance.

Room Tip: go for second or third floor or ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's wonderful to hear that we could provide you with a clean, quiet and comfortable room at a low rate. I'm so pleased to hear that you would stay again. It let's us know our efforts to improve our customer service and our hotel are paying off. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for another University of Oregon event in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just returned from Springfield, OR where we visited family. We wanted a kitchenette, laundry facilities, closeness to family, closeness to shopping and area highlights in Eugene, Or, etc. This hotel was perfect for us. Terrific value for our limited budget. Staff were all helpful, polite, and very professional. The place was spotless and kept shiny. Never saw one particular staff ember without a cleaning rag in her hand or a smile on her face. We were there nearly two weeks. Able to keep suitcases in rental car trunk, We enjoyed the challenge of keeping a small place picked up and neat. We found ample space for our things in dresser, bedside stands, closet, kitchen cabinets, shelf in bathroom. Kitchen furnished with what one would need for microwave or two-burner stove. Refrigerator kept food cold, Heater/AC worked beautifully, depending on outside temp. TV set had large, flat screen; reception was excellent. WiFi for our computer. Drapes on window kept out sun so we could sleep in if desired. View from room of lovely trees in parking lot and hillside in distance, sometimes sunlit, sometimes, fog shrouded. We're from AZ so the scenery, the flowers, the color of the leaves...it was all magnificent. Parking lot was kept free of leaves every other day. No small job. I can't wait to return in summer for a stay of a couple of months to avoid desert heat and spend additional time with our son, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren. This time we had one bed. Mattress was extremely comfortable, bed was easy to make up with beautiful quilt. Next time, however, we shall ask for the two-bed suite. Staying longer then, we shall enjoy the extra space. I honestly have nothing negative to say. Our stay was a joy!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less automobile noise from closing doors at night, etc. Elevator provides easy ac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Crossland Economy Studios - Springfield/Eugene! It's great to hear that our staff was able to serve your needs and that your room was comfortable. We work very hard to ensure each of our guests has a comfortable stay in a clean and safe room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back this summer.
Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

reasons not to stay here: there is Smoking in 98%of the rooms and everywhere outside /staff can't agree on the price of the rooms, even if you have a reservation with the price on it/ NO LONG TERM STAY, anything after 6 days INCREASES the room rates so u wont stay there past 7 days / no senior rates / /have to pay for intranet,WiFi /can't get the room that u have reserved / noisy/ meth heads & dealers in & out trafficking 24 7/ management LIES constantly /Pet urine and feces all over the front where the grass is,along with the smell of it / towels& washcloths smell of dog , shower floors filthy/ t.v 15 channels 85% sports /Can't change rooms without a 25.oo charge. For the same or just a little bit more money u can stay at a much better hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, and I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies and know that I have addressed each of your issues with the managment staff at the hotel.

As this hotel’s Regional Manager, I challenge the staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely dropped the ball with your visit. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we have already begun making modifications to ensure the hotel is clean, the staff properly trained and there is clear communication between the management staff. In addition, we as a company are looking at expanding and upgrading our TV channel selection to better suit the needs of our guests, such as yourself.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the way to Eugene/Portland .Nice rooms and easy access to I5 and local restaurants but the complex had a few strange people wandering round and had a retirement village feel to it. Really helpful and friendly staff though and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. I apologize that you did not find all of the guests to be friendly; however, I am glad to hear that our location and offerings were a huge hit!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our way up to Portland. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. At the suggestion of some other reviewers, I asked for an updated room on the third floor and was given one, no problem. The hotel is definitely a little older, but it looks like someone has tried really hard to update it and make it nice. Our room had new carpet, new paint on the walls, and new laminate wood flooring in the bathroom and kitchenette area. The entire room, including the linens and kitchen utensils, was extremely clean. I could tell the room had been a smoking room at one point, but I didn't find the smell to be overwhelming. The property was very quiet at night, and we didn't have any trouble sleeping. We did have some trouble with the internet. The woman at the front desk gave us a number to call their tech support since the hotel itself doesn't have control over the network infrastructure. Tech support reset the network and all was well for a while. Unfortunately, the internet went down four other times during our stay, and we had to call tech support each time. My husband talked to the manager about it when we checked out, and they were extremely apologetic and gracious. They even gave us a coupon for a free night at any of their properties in the country. Overall, this place was a great bargain, and I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Eugene - Springfield.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff.  Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  You certainly have my sincerest apologies. I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Puyallup, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed for only one night while visiting our daughter. The staff was wonderful. Friendly and helpful. We got a room with 2 queen beds on the first floor, back side of hotel. It was clean and stocked as indicated. And, most important for us light sleepers, it was quiet. We couldn't hear road noise and heard very little activity above us. Beds are firm, but we like firm, so did fine there.
We felt this was a great deal for the price and will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rianthe,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Eugene - Springfield.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Vigo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very clean, friendly staff, nice kitchen available in unit. Great value for the price paid!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!