“Perfect Setting for our wedding...” 5 of 5 stars

Receive a $50 Spa voucher
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bend, OR
“Perfect Setting for our wedding...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were having a small wedding this summer (75 people) and we were really looking for a location where our guests could enjoy central oregon and still have an intimate experience. The size of this resort was perfect with 32 cabins and 8 lodge rooms it worked out perfectly for our group - it was like we were all at a 'really cool' summer camp but so much better - be sure to visit the spa and you will understand. The rooms are amazing we had a pet friendly cabin in the back that was perfect. We have two well traveled labs and they had plenty of room to spread out and really enjoyed the forest adjacent to our back patio. Our cabin was the place for all the girls to get ready and with 5 women, 1 bride, 2 labs and one photographer we had more than enough room to move around. To say the rooms were comfortable was an understatement - people have complained about the tubs but you really should not be doing that in a hotel bathtub anyway - our tub was perfect for a nice bubble bath for two. It was great having everyone in one place and the staff was amazing throughout our stay we will going back for anniverseries without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Clackamas, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

We totally loved our 4 day stay at FivePines. One of the best getaways we have had.

I would agree with much that has been written regarding the rooms, both positive and negative. We stayed in a "Romance Cabin" which has the benefit of being farthest from the road and having a small tile patio with chairs that faces the pine forest - this was a delightful place to read and talk. We found the beds very comfortable (the Adironack chairs less so). The fireplace is for ambience, not heat. The sunken tile tub is very nice, but it does have hard vertical sides, so you might want a cushion if you are planning to sit for a long time. We found it nice that both of us could stretch out easily in the tub - the waterfall feature is very nice. Think of the shower two people showering separately at same time - the two heads can be swivelled to direct spray together in the middle of the shower area, but this is not really an intimate "couples" shower.

The staff is very helpful, the grounds are beautiful and immaculately kept. We enjoyed using the complimentary cruiser bikes to ride into town (but the two hour time limit is a bit short). The complimentary wine reception is a wonderful plus - you can sit in the comfortable lodge or out back on rocking chairs and sip wine or a local tap microbrew. We did this every night. Breakfast was perfect for our needs, but is not fancy or hearty. The coffee (also available in your rooms) is fresh and good.

My wife used the complimentary pass to the Athletic Club to swim, sauna and do a yoga class (excellent instructor) - all without extra charge. The Three Rivers Brewery (on campus) is quite good. We did not try Chloe, but can highly recommend Jen's Garden in Sisters for a gourmet prix fixe meal.

Things not to miss - strolling/shopping in Sisters, hike the west Metolius river (starting at Lower Canyon Creek campground near Camp Sherman), hike at Smith Rock State park (awesome!), drive the McKenzie Pass.

I think our experience would have been different if the place had been crowded, but on this late june weekend, we almost had the place to ourselves.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

The lodge and cabins here are beautiful. The "campus" consists of a lodge/restaurant, conference center, spa building, and a number of cabins. Nearby and part of the same "campus" are the movie theater (seats 330) and Three Creeks Brewing Company. The cabins at the back of the property look directly out into National Forest property, and at night the only sounds you hear are the frogs in the pond and the wind in the pine trees. Mixed wildflowers grow along the small stream/pond in the center of the property.

Inside the cabin, a wall switch gets the fireplace glowing, and above the fireplace a 42" plasma screen TV is available for movies. I found the wood/leather chairs plus matching ottoman comfortable. Beds were spacious and comfortable as well, loaded with plenty of pillows. The same luxurious robes found in the on-site spa are available in the room.

The bathroom is a mixed bag, as a previous reviewer commented. The stone and granite complements the rest of the cabin's decor, and lots of countertop space is provided for toiletries, along with plenty of thick plush towels. Water, heated by tankless technology, quickly gets and stays hot. The shower is a large stone enclosure without glass or curtain. It's definitely spacious, but having a place to hang a wash cloth or have a towel easily nearby would be nice. It can be a bit chilly, especially when stepping back onto the stone floor.

Haven't tried the tub yet, but it fills from a "spout" in the ceiling - thus the "waterfall" effect. After turning it on to check it out, the appeal doesn't really hit me either. It's a novel way to fill a tub, but most people would rather have a soaking tub with massage jets or other "comfort" features and forego the drama of how the tub itself is filled up.

Breakfast, which is complementary, is a little too healthy for me also. It's a cold buffet array consisting of fresh fruit (canteloupe, watermelon, pineapple), two types of scone (one was chocolate chip ... both were rather dry - probably because they're good for you), some cereals, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee. It's enough to get you started and then leave you room for an early lunch.

Service throughout the facility was very good. The spa is a beautiful place and the massage is well-worth the time and money. Specify whether you prefer a male or female therapist to avoid surprises. As a guest staying at the resort, you'll receive a complementary 8-oz bottle of lotion as well.

The town is an easy walk or 3 minute drive, and has a number of fine jewelry stores (The Jewel is awesome), galleries, shops, and restaurants. In the distance the Three Sisters mountains are snowcapped beauty. Easy drives take you to beautiful hiking areas. Pack a picnic lunch (premade sandwiches available in some markets in town) and cold drinks to make the most of your hiking trip.

I can't wait to come back, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at 5 Pines Lodge for 2 nights over my birthday weekend. We purchased the Romance Package. I would stay here again, but not in the Romance Suite (for reasons I will get to) I was a bit surprised to find them right off the main thoroughfare rather than back in the woods, so that threw me off a bit. It was not an issue, the cabins are out back and you cannot hear any traffic noise at all. The cabins themselves are breathtaking when you walk in, the bathrooms absolutely exquisite, the furnishings lovely.

Ah, but there's beauty, and then there's comfort! The waterfall spa tub you'll see in the pictures is a great idea in theory, and actually sold me on the room. However, it is ghastly uncomfortable. The tile surround (rather than a more traditional smooth ceramic bathtub) is not tushy pleasing, and the tub edges are hard and cold. Because it's so big, there's no way to lean back and relax - or cuddle. It's also at such an angle to the fireplace that you cannot really pretend to be sitting in a spa in front of a roaring fire. My mother-in-law's room with a more traditional oversized tub (with a window that opens into the main cabin so you can see the fireplace) would have been far preferrable. In addition, though the big log furniture fits the room, it too was horrifically unpleasant to sit in. I'm all for luxury and beauty, but I'd take a little less for practicality sake.

Also, the 2-person shower is bigger than some people's bathrooms and because of this you aren't exactly in a "romantic spot" standing 10 feet away from each other. Also, because of it's size, it's hard to get it nice and warm and steamy. Less would have been more.

On the positive side, everything is gorgeous and new, the staff friendly and eager to assist. Both restaurants (the sports bar and Chloe) were fantastic (I recommend the scallops at Chole and Caesar Salad at the bar) and reasonably priced. Our couples spa therapy was heavenly (yes please, more!) and the champage and chocolate and rubbing oils were of high quality and yummy. The 5pm complementary wine bar is a nice touch, and "healthy" breakfast was adequate though I always like a little grease when I'm on vacation. It was too early for the outdoor pool to be open, but it looked like a nicely done area.

On this same trip we also stayed 2 nights at a La Quinta for $70/night and their beds were more comfortable.

We typically stay at 3-4 star hotels, but rarely splurge the upgraded prices to go 5-star. For luxury, this was certainly 5-star, but for comfort ..... eh. I'm just saying it wasn't quite worth what we paid. I will stay there again, and I would recommend this resort to anybody going to Sisters (better than Black Butte condos by far!), I just wouldn't pay the extra money for the Romance room because the upgrades don't add to comfort.

If anybody from the hotel reads this, I dare you to try to go get frisky in that spa - you'll end up with bruised and scraped knees and tiles etched into your nether region. Or is that TMI?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We wanted to get away and the only place we could think of was the five pine where we stayed about a year ago. As soon as we got there we remembered exactly why we loved it so much!!!! They have excellent service, the rooms & grounds are beautiful and we are always relaxed after their 5-6pm nightly wine reception by the open fire. While back at our room I cozied up in the robes they provided, sat outside on the Adirondak chairs sipping wine & reading a book, when I happened to glance up towards the forest and saw three deer grazing ahead. What a treat!!! This time we tried El Caporal for some EXCELLENT mexican food. The service was great and the lunch specials run about 7.50. There is a beautiful outdoor patio that we would have tried if it had only been a few degrees warmer:) We also tried the Asian Fusion food over at Soji's. The owners were very kind and the food was definately good. The only downside is the place isn't that nice inside but it is clean, and they were out of some of the food we wanted to try. The mango ice tea was wonderful! Both places were recommended by the staff at five pine and we weren't disappointed. Lastly we ALWAYS love the use of the Sisters Athletic club. Personal TV's while you work out, beautiful clean locker rooms with everything you could ever need, 2 pools, 1 hot tub, steam room...the list goes on. I think we spend more time there than anywhere else when we visit. We will definatley try to make this an every 6 months trip to Five Pine Lodge. Thanks again to the great staff!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I stayed (with a friend) at FivePine for 2 nights, 3 days and what a treat it was! The cabin we stayed in was gorgeous, Chloe was delicious and the Movie Theatre was quaint and full of character. We also enjoyed the Three Sisters Brewery and their "home-brewed" beer. The customer-service we received was impeccable and everyone there treated us like we were the only customers around; which to me, is very important. This was our first trip to a spa and we had done our research to find the best place. I'm not used to spending high amounts on anything including myself, but I feel like I definitely got what I payed for and then some. We plan on making this a 6-month ritual! Thank you to everyone at Shibui (Homini, Jeanne & Ben) for making our trip unforgettable! I truly feel like a new person.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge for our wedding anniversary. We found the cabins to be very comfortable and romantic. Large soaking bathtub, great gas fireplace, wonderful decor, comfortable king size bed. The breakfast in the lodge was more than adequate. There is a restaurant nearby and also a movie theater. Both are close enough to seem like they are on the same property. This was one of our best anniversaries by far in our 23 years together. The cabin was very quiet and had a great view out the back sliding door to a forested area. It was wonderful to keep the curtains open while the snow was falling.

• Liked — The privacy of having our own cabin with no others behind ours.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Five Pine Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!