“Best. Food. Ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Best. Food. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I eat vegetarian and haven't "bothered" going to any fancy or prix-menu restaurants because we've assumed they wouldn't be worthwhile. We have learned our lesson well! Jen's was AMAZING, great service, great great food... We told them in advance what we do and don't eat and they had taken that into account and had choices for us - alternative options beyond the vegetarian dishes on the menu. Truly every bite was amazing. We had the 3 course menu and were stuffed - we couldn't imagine how people ate the 5 course version!

Visited October 2013

93% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“A charming restaurant with good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was our first visit to this charming restaurant, although we have vacationed in the Sisters area on previous occasions. Our food was excellent, and it was probably the best duck I've ever had (including France where they love their duck). We both were very happy with our meals and with the wine pairings, exposing us to new wines. Our biggest mistake was not taking pictures of the wine labels. The service was outstanding; our server was charming and knowledgeable. Would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My meal at Jen's Garden was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The ambience is elegant and homey at the same time, done up in a quasi French Provencal country house motif. The service was exceptional - very solicitous and extremely helpful with the vast wine selection. The food was exquisite, just the right portion size and truly delicious. I had the lamb, which was done to perfection, as was the vegetables. My friend had the duck, of which I had a taste, and it too was terrific. The deserts were sublime. Jen, the owner, was friendly without being intrusive and she acted like she genuinely cared that I had a great experience. I did. I will make a point of going back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany, Oregon
“Jen's Garden Adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Okay, Okay, lets face it, my husband and I are meat and potatoes people, but we wanted to try something new for our anniversary. Jen’s Garden sounded like a nice adventure.

The first thing that happened on our adventure was, we could not find the restaurant. We went to the hardware store right next door and the local customers had never heard of it; finally one of the staff walked up and said, “oh, Jen’s Garden is right next door”. I’ve always felt it’s not a good sign if the locals don’t know where restaurants are located. Jen’s Garden was actually a small house on the corner of the street.

I must say the food was different for us, but it was interestingly good, so that part of the evening went well. I ordered the salmon (which is one of my favorite foods) and It was okay. Paying the price we did I wanted it to be spectacular.

What my husband didn’t like (he is 6 foot 3) was the seating, and how close the tables were to each other. He was very uncomfortable all evening, very uncomfortable! As a matter of fact he could not wait to get out of the place. Would we go back? No-It just was not our cup of tea.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brownsville, Oregon
“Amazing Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Summer reruns have encouraged me to branch out in my television watching, and now I'm addicted to the Food Network. I have learned to appreciate diverse ingredients, well prepared, artfully plated, and served properly.....and Jen's Garden was a wonderful way to embody the lessons I have been learning. The food is creative and fresh, and I got to try new things, which was great fun. For an appetizer, I had the house smoked trout and salmon potato galette (a crispy potato cake) with a sauce gribiche (also new to me). My husband had a wonderful chilled avocado soup with Oregon bay shrimp. For an entree, I had a roasted pork loin roulade served with summer corn fregula (a pasta similar to couscous) and roasted radishes, and my husband had orange-pepper glazed grilled duck breast with warm fig bread pudding. All of the tastes were delicate, distinct, and marvelous. For dessert, the S'more pie was luscious. The prix fixe menu makes enjoying a gourmet meal relatively reasonable, and the service was attentive while still fitting in with our laid back Oregon lifestyle. I look forward to my next Foodie lesson at Jen's Garden!

• Visited August 2013