“Suttle lake lodge - Not worth the price” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Suttle Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sisters
The Lodge at Suttle Lake
You added The Lodge at Suttle Lake to your Saves list
13300 Highway 20, Sisters, OR 97759   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Sisters B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
bend,oregon
“Suttle lake lodge - Not worth the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

My wife and I had read about this property in Sunset magazine and although we were warned by a well respected wedding planner that the owners had no clue about hospitality we thought we'd give it a try anyway. We live in Bend and the location is just far enough away to feel like we were getting away.

The lake and the surroundings are beautiful and at first glance the lodge is very striking. We had a nice room over looking the lake but there is a constant humming (vibration) throughout the room. We checked every where but could not get it to stop. Additionally the traffic from the highway was very loud especially the trucks using their exhaust brakes. Needless to say we had a terrible nights sleep.

Probably the most upsetting for us was the indifferance from the staff. One employee was extremely rude and abrupt when we inquired about the potential source of the noise telling us that "we were paying for the view" and that "others had tried that same complaint and they didn't get a discount and neither would we."

We were very upset at their lack of empathy. I'm sorry but for $250 per night this was a very disappointing experience.

Rondasue, Owner at The Lodge at Suttle Lake, responded to this review, April 25, 2007
We look at any complaint as a gift, in that it enables us to fix any problems we might have. We strive for excellent hospitality on a daily basis and were dismayed by this feedback. If any of the noise problems had come to our attention earlier in their stay, we would have done anything in our power to remedy the situation. We can understand how upset they must have been by the remark made by one of our employees. The employee’s indifferent comment to them was rude and unprofessional. This feedback has been presented to employees by the owner and general manager and it has been made clear that such unprofessional behavior is unacceptable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

We arrived late on the Friday of a 3 day w/e, cold from our drive down, we were delighted to plant ourselves in front of the log fire and devour the handmade chocolates left in our room for us. My husband then made a raid down to the lobby, returning with yummy cookies and a pitcher of micro brew. The receptionist the next morning was very amused as we returned the pitcher.

I am not usually into the whole western look, but thought I would give it a go, and boy am I pleased that I did. The room overlooked the lake and each morning we got to wake up to the most beautiful view, thanks to the huge bed that we needed steps to climb into!

The staff were lovely and I would really recommend this place to anyone who wants something a little more personal, but with all the comforts of a great hotel. [even for those permanently tethered to their laptops..] We were skiing and it only took 40mins to get to Mt. Bachelor or 10 for Hoodoo. You are really close to the town of sisters, which is a must see – lots of little stores to wander around without seeming touristy.

We stayed in the New Moon suite, which is in the main lodge but I believe they have cabins to rent as well. The only fault I could find with the place was the lack of choice for vegetarians, I guess you don’t get too many veggie cowboys….

• Liked — cosy and welcoming - and the cookies!
  • Disliked — not much choice for vegetarians
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

My husband and I rented a cabin on Suttle Lake Lodge. It cost us $ 250.00 per night plus $ 25 xtra for our dog. The cabin was beautiful but the lodge is closed to cabin members at 7 pm. The continental breakfast and soup is free to lodge members but cabin members have to pay $ 9.00 each. Quite ironic since the lodge charges a hefty price for staying at the Cabin.

Sisters is about 15 miles away. Quaint place but stores open at 10 am and close at 4 pm. We went to Jen's Garden (recommended by lodge) it was a nice romantic place and the owner Jen served us. Dessert was quite nice.

Hoodoo Resort is a great family place to ski. Make sure you book daycare well in advance since we were told a few days prior that they had no opening for our 2 year old.

Also the lodge said they were only 2.5 hours from Portland when in actually they are nearly 4 hours from Portland so plan your time accordingly.

I would rate the cabin excellent, the lodge facilities only above average since cabin members couldn't really use them. Hoodoo and Jen's Garden was above average. We enjoyed the trip but given it is further than anticipated from Portland we probably won't go back.

Stayed February 2007
Roseburg,Ore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

This was not one our "same old boring sales meetings". On the advice of my boss I booked a 3day retreat to a quiet resort out of town. It was on the 2nd floor, board room, at Suttle Lake Lodge. The room was up to date with high speed internet and wireless connections. All our meals and breaks were on time and displayed nicely. The staff was there for all our needs and the view of the lake from our conference room was outstanding. Were back again for further review in May.

Job Well Done !

• Liked — The view from our conference room
  • Disliked — Seeing trout feeding on the surface of the lake
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

On the advice of my wife we stopped by Suttle Lake and decided
to stay for a couple of days while in the Bend area skiing. Had
a wonderful---romantic, quiet, cozy stay in the cabin called the
"Point". This cabin is right out of "On Golden Pond". It sets
out on a knoll with full view of the lake and inlet. Killer view,
nice kitchen, just a neat feeling from an older style clean
cabin. We both loved it and will be back!

Stayed January 2007
Lincoln City Ore,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

My girlfriend and I just spent a wonderful 2 days at Suttle Lake
Lodge. Nestled in the pines, tucked away from the main highway
to Sisters, and everything we asked for. Beautiful rooms, very
nice spa, and a view to die for. A cozy fireplace, friendly staff and
only 10 minutes from the cute little town of Sisters. We heard
nothing but good things about the property and the wonderful
setting the lodge is in. A great get-away for all to experience.
Were planning on bringing my parents back this summer.
Great job--------------Clark Hadley

• Liked — The rooms, spa, and huge fireplace in the lodge
  • Disliked — nothing, everything very nice
  • Tips/Secrets — Take an extra day to stay
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
La Pine,Ore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

I am a long time visitor of Suttle Lake and so happy to see the
unique lodge and cabins on the lake. Its part historical, part
native, and very tastefully done. It has a western theme that fits perfect central Oregon. With the ever changing view of the lake from your room, one can't help but want to stay for-ever. The main lodge is decorated in holiday style and the fire-place was glowing. Great job to all involved in making our stay a "what I remember about Suttle Lake". I am also thrilled to hear the "Boat House " restaurant is coming back by popular demand. YEA********!

• Liked — The view from my room, snow, sunshine,
  • Disliked — nothing, everything delightfully unique
  • Tips/Secrets — bring shoes for hiking the lake
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Lodge at Suttle Lake? Share your experiences!