“Small Plates -- really small plates!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Sisters
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
“Small Plates -- really small plates!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had dinner at the Porch during a recent birthday celebration. We were not prepared for their unusual approach to "small plates". For example, the slider selection was just that, one slider. The salads were about one third of what would be a typical "side salad" in any other restaurant. While we ordered the spinach salad, it was mostly mixed greens, with just a few leaves of spinach. We arrived for our dinner reservations at 7pm and they were already out of the main entrees, leaving us to order from a very limited selection of small plates. We rated the food quality as "average". The restaurant pours generous glasses of wine and serves many of the beers in the larger bottles. This was an average dining experience.....nothing noteworthy, except that it is in a quaint little house with wonderful art scattered about.

Visited March 2013

Seoul, South Korea
“Not horrible but not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food wasn't horrible but wasn't that good either. I went for Valentines Day and about half of the food we had was just so-so. The fish that I got was really good but the Risotto that my father got was both undercooked and hard and over cooked and slimy. Also our waitress wasn't that good. She got the orders correct but not to the correct people and she wasn't really that friendly or seemed to care that much. I probably won't be returning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sisters, Oregon, United States
“Bridal Shower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love this place...going to take my Hubby on Valentines day...it will be so special....I hope everyone comes to sisters Oregon and has the same experiences....

Visited February 2013
Sisters, Oregon, United States
“Bridal Shower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

OMG!!! we had the best food and service last night... They were very accommodating and put up with us being loud.....I loved the Chicken and Waffle plate... Thank You so very much...

Kirsten

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best food I have ever had in my life! Very interesting food combinations. The food gave me some great dinner ideas. I went with my husband and my parents and we ate every morsel and almost licked our plates! Some of the food we ate included: smoked salmon, spanikopita, ribeye with cheese polenta, grilled pear salad, French fries with homemade tomato jam, chicken and waffles, sweet potato sticks with a cinnamon glaze, sweet pea fritters, Greek salad. The restaurant changes their menu every month since it is a tapas (small plates) type place. You will not be sorry you went! The chefs are mother and son and are very enthusiastic about creating new dishes and sharing them. Everyone must try this new place to support your local community.