“Hola” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Hola”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I thought this was an interesting place considering the location. The food was pretty good but a bit on the expensive side. The decor was great and there were a lot of people. The staff was nice and attentive. While the outdoor seating looked great I ate indoors. I would return to try another entree selection.

Visited June 2013

“Outstanding food, not just the typical Mexican offering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited with three friends. We all raved about our meals, which were all different. Tacos al Pastor were excellent. Friends all had different fish dishes. I'll stop here every time I come to Sisters.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Family ran but not family focused?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came here tonight for dinner with our three children on the way home from a great weekend at the beach. First of all there is no AC and it is 95 deg out, with no breeze in the resturaunt obviously this makes it feel like a sweltering 100 plus degrees not good for having a 10 week old or anyone else for that matter. They have one portable AC window unit they pointed out when we had to get our food to go because the baby was turning red. I'm so upset that not only did they mess up our order and not get in our kids meals (like any mother knows that is the first order placed)... The server acted as if we made the mistake? And as I was putting water on my 10 weeks old head and had to go out into our vehicle with AC, the server made a comment about her hair looking funny! Is this guy serious? Is he the owners son? As far as the food my husband had to have our meals boxed up and I am literally eating it in the vehicle now that has AC, the food is decent but in comparison to a ton of Mexican resturaunt a in the sisters/bend area we will stick with the places that complete the entire package of a relaxing evening. Horrible experience, will not be recommending or returning!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I've eaten at probably 100 Mexican restaurants...the absolute worst is here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting in the booth at the restaurant as I am typing this. If you are accustomed to getting a whole bunch of Mexican food for your money, don't come here. Every effort is made to make a ton of profit! Little 3 oz cups of beans and rice. Guacamole was green, but certainly not much avocado in it. It was watery. The quesadillas were 6" corn tortillas filled with a tiny bit, folded in half and fried. Doing that way sure allowed them to put practically nothing inside. Prices were high, but you got practically nothing. aVOID!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Something was lacking....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I liked the ambience on the patio. Very clean, and a nice family athmosphere.

I thought the food was average. My wife had a salad but the chicken was so dry it made us wonder how long it had been kept in the refrigerator. My California burrito was fine, and the chicken was very fresh and well prepared.

Both of us thought our margaritas lacked the normal amount of tequila-----they tasted a bit watered down.

Service was good. No complaints there. Prices were about right.

Overall, it was average.