“Delish!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Bagels, Donuts
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is the one of the best bakery/coffee shops we have ever been to over and over. Wonderful selection of homemade goodies a great place to visit in morning and easy walk from anywhere in Sisters.
arizona
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The concerige at Eagle Crest recommended we visit this bakery. What a treat! I had a jalapeno/cheddar cheese bread stick and my husband had some sort of berry coffee cake. This place is easy to get addicted to!

Visited June 2013

oregon
“Great Old time Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

They have wonderful maple bars and buttermilk bars. If you need something special for a house warming or hostess gift, a refreshing place to go to pick up some bread or desserts.

Visited April 2013
Spring Grove, Illinois, United States
“Most unbelievably good bakery you will ever find in the country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I took a trip up to Oregon a few years ago and on the last day of the trip, we stopped in town and on the advise of the locals, decided to stop at the bakery....What a wonderful surprise walking in! The smells of the kitchen alone are enough to make you want to buy and eat the entire contents of the bakery, but i only got a box of day old doughnuts and a friend got some Marionberry jam for his parents. I came back with my parents for a trip to show them what Oregon was like, and the things that they saw, for example the locals; if you even looked like you wanted to cross the road, all traffic slows to a halt and waits patiently for you to pass by (something we don't have here in Illinois), everyone makes it a point to say hello, and if you tell them you're a tourist, they kindly point out hot-spots and recreational activities galore for you to enjoy. That being said, the bakery was one of my first stops to take my parents to. We walked in and the woman who owns it kindly introduced herself and was not only extremely helpful in our decisions on what to buy, but she spent the better half of an hour talking with me and my parents on how life was in Sisters, and her family, and even asked us about ours! After finally landing on apple fritters (i got two), the woman gave us 3 free muffins courtesy of being first-timers! Every day after that for 6 days we went in and bought all of the fresh home-made bacon cheese bread (only 18 sticks a day), and my mom and i got 2 apple fritters everyday until we went back home. The owner asked us if we had ever had a piece of their cakes before and we said no, so she gives us a whole cake to bring back to our hotel as a souvenir! If that isn't the nicest sounding bakery EVER, then I don't know what is. Safe to say we are coming back next year!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Tired of granola?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was staying at a lodge/spa and suffering from a dose of extremely healthy living; a lot of walking/hiking and granola with fruit. I needed sugar, preferably refined, and plenty of it. What a pity Twinkies aren't currently in production, because that probably would have fixed me right up.

I stopped at Sisters Bakery in desperation. Good God. I bought an apple pie. How fortunate confession is good for the soul, because I ate half a pie. By myself. I've never eaten half a pie by myself. The apples were tart, which I love, and the crust was flaky and sprinkled with coarse sugar. Ambrosial.

Of course, it will take me weeks to work off that half a pie and possibly months to get over the guilt, but overall I have to say it was worth every bite. For those with an equally insistent sweet tooth, but more restraint than I have, the rest of the goods in the bakery looked equally inviting and one doughnut (they looked awesome) would probably work for you.

Overall, totally excellent and reasonably priced!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Great apple fritters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went in for coffee and a treat when I had some time to kill recently. Their apple fritters looked great, and they were huge! I got one, thinking to take half home, but when I was half done I couldn't stop. It was great-- not too sweet, lots of apple flavor, and not greasy. The coffee was good, too. Prices were what you'd expect-- I think I paid $4 for coffee and a fritter.

Visited March 2013