“An outdoor stop” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Silverton, Oregon
“An outdoor stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Sorry, but a bar is a bar is a bar. The new owners have gone to great lengths and expense to spruce up what was a dingy establishment but it is still a bar and although it is smoke free, some how the atmosphere seems to reek of stale smoke and stale beer. This is not literal, just imaginative. The outdoor seating makes up for what is otherwise an ordinary pub. The food is typical bar food, although the menu is varied and was good enough. The service was prompt and courteous. The price was good. I will probably visit again because of the price and the adequacy of the food, but I will sit outside.

Visited May 2014

“Great Beer Selection, Worth a Second Chance!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We found this brew pub driving while through town after our Mother's Day visit to the Oregon Garden with kids and mother-in-law. We were all starving and did not want "brunch", so pub food sounded good. They had an excellent selection of unique Pacific NW microbrews from OR, WA, ID, ect., which is what my husband was after.
The wait for an outdoor table was relatively short, but it took awhile for service to take our orders. We finally ordered food and each of us a flight of 4 beer samples. Thank goodness we had leftover snacks from our trip for the kids because it took a looong time to get our food. I think they had some staffing issues that day. However, the staff was very apologetic and rewarded our patience and good attitude with a substantial discount (we saw other tables get up and leave). The patio is dog-friendly, which my kids loved--the dogs present were sweet and well-behaved, and the owners friendly and willing to chat.
The food was average: my mother-in-law's Bleu Mac & Cheese was really good and my husband enjoyed his bacon cheeseburger. My 4-yr-old had sliders, which she ate, so enough said. My 8-yr-old and I had pulled pork nachos and I could have made them better at home--not much meat and the melted cheese was hard cheddar. They also serve kettle chips instead of fries, which is always a bummer. However, they did have a loaded chip app, which looked awesome, but fat/calorie-heavy :) The salads also looked generous, so wish I would have gone that route.
Overall, it was a nice relaxing afternoon in the sun with cold beer and family, so we would give this place another chance on a non-holiday weekend. Silverton is an adorable, walkable town, so we'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
a city by a lake, WA
“My kind of brewpub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I found this brewpub while planning our trip to Silverton. We decided to check it out even though it hadn't been reviewed on Trip Advisor (until now!). I'm glad we did because the atmosphere is great and the food is yummy.

Service: Our server was very friendly and patient with us. Apparently she works in Oregon and Alaska. She was pretty personable.

Food: The menu has good options. They have the usual offerings like nachos, Caesar salad, and burgers, and unique offerings like pistachios (potato chips instead of tortilla which I had and were yummy!), blue mac (Mac n' blue cheese with mushrooms and chicken which my hubby had), and dessert potachos (kettle chips with bananas, chocolate and butterscotch sauce, and whipped cream, which we all shared). Our boys had items from the kids menu. We all really liked everything.

Value: I don't completely remember the prices but I believe they are comparable to other brewpub if not slightly less. As visitors from Washington, we love the surprise reminder that Oregon has no sales tax!

Atmosphere: The outside looked like an old laundromat or something. We didn't spot it right away. It was dark and rainy. The restaurant is long and narrow. Maybe half is the bar area and the other the dining area where children can sit. There are some TVs on the walls but it doesn't look sportsbar-like. The tables are wood and the beers on tap list are on chalkboard slats on the wall. The Gallon House Pub has a cozy, slightly hipster but unpretentious vibe.

Families with Children: Children are allowed until 9pm. They have a pretty good kids menu.

If we visit the area again, I would definitely dine here again!

• Visited February 2014