“Nice, nice, nice !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birdwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silverton
Birdwood Inn
You added Birdwood Inn to your Saves list
511 S. Water St., Silverton, OR 97381   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Silverton B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Nice, nice, nice !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very comfortable accommodations and loved the patio and garden areas. Easy walk to city park and downtown Silverton, so nice location for enjoying town. Breakfast was very good and Scott and Bobbie made us feel at home. Thanks for the great visit and hope to visit again soon!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We found a warm welcome at Birdwood B&B. The large second floor room was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. Bobbie and Scott are friendly hosts and Scott is a mine of information about the area and Oregon in general. Breakfast can only be described as hearty and delicious. The Inn is a short walk from downtown Silverton which boasts several nice wine bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: The large room on the second floor was very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were lucky enough to have made reservations at The Birdwood Inn as a first stop on a trip around Oregon. I arrived after a long day of difficult plane travel with a blinding migraine headache. Bobbie and Scotty immediately took us to our room in the Cottage which was quiet and peaceful. Next morning, feeling much better, we had breakfast together in the inn which is in their home on a main street in Silverton. Breakfast was delicious but the company they offered us was the real prize-winner. Scotty is an ex-logger-turned gardener and inn-keeper. He is justifiably proud of his endeavors which surround the property and extend back to a lovely enclosed garden. You will be charmed by the hostas, fuchsias, ferns and hanging baskets-full of plants and flowers. Pretty impressive considering this is a Mecca for gardeners of all skill-sets with the Oregon Garden (a definite MUST SEE) just five minutes away. Within an hour of Silverton, I realized I had lost my glasses in my migraine-fog of the night before. A quick call to the answering machine to report the loss resulted in their being in the mail pile with a delightful "thank you for staying" note as soon as we returned home! Now, I call that extra-special service! I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Silverton!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Cottage which is a self-contained building behind the inn.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bishop CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My dream has been to stay in a cottage surrounded by beautiful gardens. Birdwood Inn fit the bill nicely. Lovely gardens, beautiful cottage, and good company. Bobbie's dream of owning a B & B became my dream. Thank you Scott & Bobbie! My stay was perfect. I'll definitely be back -- sooner than later I hope.

Sue Tracy

Room Tip: The cottage is handicap accessible. Plus it's a pleasant way to spend a vacation. Beautiful gard...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

While searching for a place to stay while enjoying Oktoberfest, I was happy to discover they had a room available, due to a last minute cancellation. I was able to check in early, drop off my bag and head out to see both Silverton and the town of Mt. Angel - the Oktoberfest location. My room up the steep, narrow stairs was very nice, with its own bathroom. An added bonus is the free wi-fi in the house and most of the garden. Even though it had been a hot day, the open window and fan cooled off the room nicely that night. They also have a window AC unit, if needed.
Scott made me feel like an old friend and had good suggestions for various places to eat and visit nearby. When I returned later, much later, the lights were still on to welcome me back. I opted for the latest breakfast slot and enjoyed Bobbie's offerings. I was not hungry again until late afternoon, after I was back in my own home.

Room Tip: Both rooms the main house are upstairs. If climbing stairs with a bag is difficult, ask if the cot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My mom and I recently came to Silverton for a memorial service for my cousin, and I stumbled upon Birdwood Inn on this site when Oregon Gardens was booked up. I'm so glad I did! Although we were visiting for a sad occasion, we really enjoyed staying at the Birdwood Inn and felt right at home! Scott and Bobbi are wonderful people and great hosts! Scott is quite a character and will fill you in on all of the interesting scoop on Silverton, and Bobbi services up delicious breakfast each morning, and makes you feel like your sitting right at home in "mom's kitchen." I just loved all of the special details they put in to each room, and my mom and I both agreed the bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in. It's right down the street from the heart of Silverton, with cute restaurants and shops to walk to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We loved out stay at the Birdwood Inn. Scott and Bobbi are very friendly. We stayed in the little cottage they have. It was small, but very comfortable. My wife made the comment that everything was soft - the towels, the bedcovers, the carpet.... Very cozy and warm. If you're looking for a pleasant, friendly, quiet place to stay in Silverton, we definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Birdwood Inn? Share your experiences!