“Not what we were expecting!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Not what we were expecting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The reviews looked good, but when we finally found the place it was more of a backery/coffee shop than a breakfast place. Menu was overpriced and almost nowhere to sit. Dissapointed!

Bay Area
“So good that we went back the next morning...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Fresh ingredients, warm and friendly service, and best of all they worked very hard with gracious attitudes to meet my specific lifestyle/dietary needs ("Paleo", which means no grains, corn, soy, sugar) In a town where burgers and fries are the norm, it was very refreshing to feel so at home with the menu, which includes (but is not limited to) fresh eggs, thick bacon, excellent local produce, and coffee that was just right. A plus: each table has a small set of Trivial Pursuit cards and my husband and I enjoyed testing each other while we waited for our breakfast (both times).

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent soups and sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This gathering spot really is a cut above most places of its type. I ordered soup and a sandwich, and both were outstanding. In fact, I have to put the soup (a chilled green curry corn chowder) in my top ten. Ever. The sandwich was served on a well-made, fresh croissant, and the roasted turkey was not deli meat, but actual sliced fresh roasted turkey breast. Excellent. So was the service. It's nothing much to look at, but if you want a quick delicious lunch, this is your "spot"

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We enjoyed a terrific breakfast before continuing our roadtrip. A number of people in Silverton had recommended this place for breakfast or lunch. I had the Breakfast Hash which was sweet potatoes, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese with a light dressing and served with toast. I really enjoyed it. My husband commented that his breakfast sandwich was flavourful, inventive and a generous portion. We had a bottomless cup of locally roasted coffee. Our friendly server gave us a sample of their salted caramel bar which we ended up buying for a road treat. One huge square was enough for 2. We thought the menu was somewhat creative, the service friendly, the atmosphere cozy, our breakfast was served within a short time, the food was great and prices average. I would recommend the place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keizer, Oregon
“Good food & Reasonable portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The wife and I brought the mother-in-law here for an early Mother's Day brunch on Saturday May 10, 2014. I had the steak hash which was really tasty with well cooked potatoes and veggies plus a lot of thinly sliced steak strips. The wife had the garden hash with the gluten free toast...also very tasty. The mother-in-law had the breakfast sandwich which she also enjoyed. All of the food seemed to be good quality and well cooked. I also really liked the fact that the portion size was "just right". Not so much that I felt I had to gorge myself or even worse, throw some away and not to little that I left hungry. Good job Gathering Spot! Keep up the good work!!

• Visited May 2014