“Beer sampling visit, and food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bistro, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Beer sampling visit, and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a Travelzoo certificate for the 11 beer sampler for two.

The wife and I presented our certificate and were brought 11 (total) partial glasses of beer.
I was expecting 22 glasses to show up but since the wife isn't much of a beer drinker I didn't worry about that. They also give you a tiny scrap of paper that lists the 11 beers so you can know what you are drinking. No descriptions, just the name of the beer. I believe they should improve on that...

Since it was food time we went ahead and ordered a burger for me and brat sandwich for the wife.
I enjoyed the flavor of the burger but it just wasn't what I have come to expect from a brew pub. The roast potatoes were very good. The wife enjoyed her brat and said it was delicious.

The atmosphere is a bit lacking. Don't go here to watch the game, there are only two small TVs.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, Oregon
“Good Beer & Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a coupon for a free beer sampler for two and tried the beers. They provided 12 samples to taste and we decided to have lunch. I had a bowl of the best tomato bisque soup I have eaten and my wife and I split a Brat. sandwich; which was very good. The restaurant was very clean and comfortable and we would stop there again if we return to Silverton.

Visited October 2013
Silverton, Oregon
“Spartan decor with uneven execution.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant several times . We always seem to come to the same conclusion. The restaurant is trying to be something it isn't. The last time we visited was last November on a Saturday for lunch. The place was a quarter full but service was still fairly slow.
I had a fish lunch which smelled and tasted Very fishy although it was listed as fresh on the menu. My wife had a pasta which was very soggy ( pasta way overcooked) and over cheesed. She ate a couple of bites and left the rest. My daughter had a salad which was ok.
This experience is typical in our visits. It looks like they are trying to be a little upscale with their menu but unable to follow through consistently . We are locals and not overly impressed with this restaurant. Having said that, Silverton Or lacks good restaurants and this would be about average. I need to say I am not a beer drinker so I am not rating "The Brew " part only the food and service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SEATTLE
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had their brat sandwich. One of the best. The beer tasting was 12 samples. Better not drink the entire selection an drive away. Many were too hoppy for me buy hubby loved them all.

Visited August 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Good experience overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice summer day so we sat outside. Server was nice. Was not too busy when we arrived. Food was good. We had the Ruben and the cowboy caviar for app. Portion was enough for us to share. Was An average nice set up. Beer was good:)

• Visited July 2013