“So many other better places nearby for breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 34 restaurants in Sherwood
Beaverton, Oregon
“So many other better places nearby for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have been to the Sherwood Rose's four times - twice for breakfast, once for lunch and once for dessert - but I won't bother going anymore. Their breakfast menu seemed rather limited (maybe it's changed?), and a bit pricey compared to other (better) breakfast spots within five miles. Every time I've been, the service wasn't bad but it also wasn't as good as it should have been. As someone else mentioned, it seemed to start out strong when it first opened, but it has definitely gone downhill.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
NJ
“Deli-Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

Great sandwiches and bakery-pastries! Famous Reuben sandwiches, but all deli-style sandwiches are great. Wonderful and tempting desserts! Save room! Worth a detour, possibly on way to Evergreen aviation museum!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Eh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

I have eaten here numerous times since it opened. What started out as a glossy modernized version of a favorite old family restaurant has devolved into an overpriced, underwhelming lunch counter.
Stick with their popular Reuben sandwiches and oversized desserts and you will lessen the odds of disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, OR
“Disappointed in the Dessert Presentation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I went to Rose's in 2005 to celebrate the end of cancer treatments. My friend and I had fish and chips which were good. We then each ordered dessert, apple streusel I believe. Our plan was to eat a few bites and bring the remainder home. The piece I received had fallen apart when it was cut. I regret that I did not ask the server to cut another piece. I typically do not order dessert and was looking forward to it. The slice I received did not look like a whole piece of streusel and was unappetizing to the eye. It was also not easy to eat a piece and take the rest home as I'd planned. For the price, it was more than disappointing. I have not been back since.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
mcminnvile,oregon
“waiter great but”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

first let me say this was my 5th trip to rose's and it will be my last. the waiter was great, quick and efficient. the rest was horrible, we ordered the "original" Reuben and a pastrami dip. since this is represented as a "deli" it should be a sure bet , it took 35 minutes to come out of the kitchen when they were only 30% full and the food was strange to say the least. the pastrami dip had shaved pickles mixed in with the meat?I have to assume to make up for the lack of pastrami and the Ruben had a total of maybe 4OZ of meat on it. When they charge $14 for a sandwich it should at least have something besides supermarket potato salad served with it . the bill for 2 sandwiches and coffee was 29.00 not a very good value for anywhere let alone Oregon.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere