“Awesome family testaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Description: New restaurant in Sherwood, Oregon
Sherwood
“Awesome family testaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

In a world of mass corporations it is nice to have this family run restaurant in our neighborhood. Kid friendly, pet friendly and still go out for date night. Great energy here. Love it

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Love the setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is a beautiful location. You feel like you are eating in the "Trees". So pretty, I was fascinated by the wind blowing the big Fir Trees while we sat and ate dinner. Gluten Free menu was quite extensive. Waiter was young and maybe a little shy/experience. We had dinner before going to a movie at the Sherwood Theater. It looks like a great place to bring a big group. Comfortable and service was fast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice spot in Sherwood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Perhaps I should give trees more stars. The wait staff is incredibly friendly. The dining room is okay...I kind of wish it looked a bit different inside. I mentally redecorate it in my head whenever I visit. The food is really good and I definitely think it is the best restaurant in Sherwood. However, the shrimp in the shrimp and grits does not taste incredibly fresh and the grits are definitely not the best I've ever had. I should say that I am originally from SC and am kind of a shrimp and grits snob. I love to try them at different places and compare recipes.

Visited February 2014
Sherwood, Oregon
“Nice afternoon meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We live down the street from this sleepy resteraunt. We went late afternoon for early dinner and had a great meal. Salmon club and their weekly special the bowman burger. Both outstanding. The music they had on was a nice addition. The atmosphere has improved. We have never been disappointed with their food but at off hours have in the past felt awkward because it was so cold and quiet. We did NOT feel that way this time. The host and waiter were entertaining and could almost be twins.

Visited February 2014
Aloha, Oregon
“Pretty good restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a bustling restaurant last night. We requested to be seated in the bar which was a good choice. We were by the kitchen which was bustling and looked like the cooks were all very busy. The bartender was really busy and one of the servers was "helping" her out I guess. I have never seen this before and was wondering if this is the norm. The guy that was helping the bartender refill the condiments that the bartender puts in drinks (olives, etc.) pulled out a giant jar of green olives, reached his bare hand into the jar and pulled out a handful and put them in a holder. Then he poured the juice from the jar into the holder and put it with the cherries, etc. on the bar for the bartender to add to the drinks. Um, I wish he would have used a plastic glove rather than using his bare hand. I guess we watch too making cooking shows!! My husband was served his wine right away, but we had to requested my diet coke a couple of times. The food came and it was hot and really quite good. The bartender must have been the manager of the day as she was cracking orders out right and left which was great to see. When we left the restaurant we noticed that it was filled with people which is a good sign. It was an average experience, but the food was better than average. My husband had beef tenderloin and I had Angel Hair Pasta with Blue Crab. Not much crab at all, but the pasta was great and the portions were large. My husband meal was cooked perfectly and he said the beef was very good. My husband ordered a red wine with dinner which our server said was a pretty good red wine. My husband said it was just average and not really the best he has ever had.

The only suggestion that we would make is that the restaurant is so well hidden that it is almost invisible from the street. The signage isn't that great. Not sure if Sherwood has a law against signage, but if you didn't know the restaurant was there you'd drive right by it. Guess only the locals know about it.

Also, I called to make a reservation in the middle of the week and got an answering machine message that no one was available to take my call and to leave a message and they would call me back. Never got a call back. Called back about an hour later and got a gentleman to take my reservation. Suggest a phone be carried around with a server to answer. I don't like leaving messages for a restaurant to call me back just for the reason stated above. They don't call you back because they probably don't check their messages!!! Will we be back....maybe.

• Visited October 2013