“Get the river view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shady Cove
Lyons, Colorado
“Get the river view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

A little expensive, but we forked over an extra $30 for a river view room. It was worth it, since it had a nice patio that you could have coffee or breakfast on while looking at the river. They do a good job of hiding the fact that it's really close to the highway, but it wasn't too noisy with the river masking the cars. The A/C unit wasn't masked by the river, and was pretty loud cycling off and on all night.

Options for dining were a little sparse in Shady Cove, but overall our stop for the night was pretty nice - it's a beautiful area that I'd like to fish.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. We had a river view room that was clean and adequately appointed. We loved the very large fluffy towels. We could watch the rafters come by, as the pull out was just below the motel. It is an easy drive to Crater Lake, make sure you stop at the pull out for Rogue Gorge on Hwy. 62 on the way to the lake. We also enjoyed dinner at Miguel's on the opposite bank of the river. There is clean pool and hot tub. The breakfast is no great shakes, but coffee and bagel and a banana will get you going in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Pretty good motel. Had some other guests above us and toilets flushing and Showers kept us awake. My advice is stay on level 2 although you will have to carry bags upstairs. Breakfast is just OK. Went to reception to get the wifi reset and then it worked well. Closest motel we could find to Crater Lake.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Be sure to book online - you'll save money. I had a local relative call to reserve me a room assuming I would get a better rate. Not so. The rate was $150 per night. It seemed too high so I went online and found the exact same room for $119. When the relative called back to ask about the lower rate, the clerk came down to $140 but no lower. I booked online, and cancelled the "local reservation."

No problems on check in and the online rate was honored.

I have stayed here before and always liked the location. Unfortunately, the motel is suffering from being popular. Sofas, chairs, small kitchen are well worn. There were ants investigating what was underneath the microwave. Bed was well used and a bit too soft. Although clean, it is time the owners spent some money on the place.

Despite the comments, it is the only "nice place" in town so I'll likely go back.

Room Tip: Bottom floor facing the river - "choose room with a view" with doors that open out onto sm...
1 Thank Flyer10
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here the night before visiting Crater Lake. While it is not a fancy hotel it is very practical and quiet with a nice riverfront setting. (There is a rafting place across the street should you get the desire to go down the river.) We stayed on the second floor in a room facing the river. The continental breakfast suited us fine...bagels, toast, bananas, apples, coffee, juice and cereal, etc., which we took back to our room and ate out on the balcony (after bringing out the coffee table as another reviewer suggested). The motel has a laundry facility on the grounds as well a pool and hot tub. Miguel's Mexican restaurant is just a short walk across the river. Decent food...large portions and reasonably priced. I cannot comment on the pillows as I always bring my own, but I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river. First floor rooms open right out to a patio and you can walk over to the...
1 Thank hbvaughn
Barstow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was clean. Beds were ok but the pillows need to be replaced, they were FLAT. The room did have a nice recliner in it. Some of the rooms have a river view. Not much to the breakfast just rolls, fruit and cereal.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I came to this hotel a few years back in 2010, when I went to Crater Lake in the summer. When I was here three years ago, I had a very pleasant experience, so I came back to have another great time.

This time, however, I was greeted by a rude lady at the front desk that treated me terribly, and didn't smile and looked like she didn't want to be there. I would ask her questions, and she would give me quick, short answers. She never once said "hello" or "welcome." She never said "thank you" either. It was a very unpleasant experience.

Also, when I came here, the hotel was almost empty, with only a few cars in the lot. I asked if I could maybe get the room close to the river I had last time I was here. The answer was "No, I don't have the ability to do that, and next the you reserve a room, you should select the option for a 'view room'." That was very rude.

If you're military, you probably shouldn't say that you are, because I get the vibe that they treat you terribly if you are a service member. This is too bad, because the last time I came here, a different lady helped me out, and she was very friendly and kind.

I never felt so un-welcomed at a hotel before, and unless they change the staff, I won't be returning here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Inn at the Commons
#8 of 35 in Medford
4.0 of 5 stars 147 reviews
BEST WESTERN Horizon Inn

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!