“Nice Location - Book Online - Showing Signs Of Wear & Tear” 3 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7800 Rogue River Drive, Shady Cove, OR 97539   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Shady Cove
Plano
“Nice Location - Book Online - Showing Signs Of Wear & Tear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Be sure to book online - you'll save money. I had a local relative call to reserve me a room assuming I would get a better rate. Not so. The rate was $150 per night. It seemed too high so I went online and found the exact same room for $119. When the relative called back to ask about the lower rate, the clerk came down to $140 but no lower. I booked online, and cancelled the "local reservation."

No problems on check in and the online rate was honored.

I have stayed here before and always liked the location. Unfortunately, the motel is suffering from being popular. Sofas, chairs, small kitchen are well worn. There were ants investigating what was underneath the microwave. Bed was well used and a bit too soft. Although clean, it is time the owners spent some money on the place.

Despite the comments, it is the only "nice place" in town so I'll likely go back.

Room Tip: Bottom floor facing the river - "choose room with a view" with doors that open out onto sm...

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here the night before visiting Crater Lake. While it is not a fancy hotel it is very practical and quiet with a nice riverfront setting. (There is a rafting place across the street should you get the desire to go down the river.) We stayed on the second floor in a room facing the river. The continental breakfast suited us fine...bagels, toast, bananas, apples, coffee, juice and cereal, etc., which we took back to our room and ate out on the balcony (after bringing out the coffee table as another reviewer suggested). The motel has a laundry facility on the grounds as well a pool and hot tub. Miguel's Mexican restaurant is just a short walk across the river. Decent food...large portions and reasonably priced. I cannot comment on the pillows as I always bring my own, but I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river. First floor rooms open right out to a patio and you can walk over to the...
Barstow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was clean. Beds were ok but the pillows need to be replaced, they were FLAT. The room did have a nice recliner in it. Some of the rooms have a river view. Not much to the breakfast just rolls, fruit and cereal.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I came to this hotel a few years back in 2010, when I went to Crater Lake in the summer. When I was here three years ago, I had a very pleasant experience, so I came back to have another great time.

This time, however, I was greeted by a rude lady at the front desk that treated me terribly, and didn't smile and looked like she didn't want to be there. I would ask her questions, and she would give me quick, short answers. She never once said "hello" or "welcome." She never said "thank you" either. It was a very unpleasant experience.

Also, when I came here, the hotel was almost empty, with only a few cars in the lot. I asked if I could maybe get the room close to the river I had last time I was here. The answer was "No, I don't have the ability to do that, and next the you reserve a room, you should select the option for a 'view room'." That was very rude.

If you're military, you probably shouldn't say that you are, because I get the vibe that they treat you terribly if you are a service member. This is too bad, because the last time I came here, a different lady helped me out, and she was very friendly and kind.

I never felt so un-welcomed at a hotel before, and unless they change the staff, I won't be returning here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Edgewater is a very pleasant surprise in the very small town of Shady Cove, located within 30' of Oregon's famous Rogue River. Fairly new, nicely maintained, comfortable. We ended up in a mini-suite with full kitchen facilities and a King bed. Small but comfortable unit, overlooking the Rogue, with nice electric "fireplace" for nice ambience. Door to patio on river automatically locks, so don't lock yourself out! We will keep this one on our go to list!

Room Tip: Ask for the river side!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very friendly staff. Go for a room overlooking the river with balcony or terrace. Rooms are very nice with fireplace and flat screen tv. Breakfast is basic. Only protein is the peanut butter. Also have bagels, English muffins, bread, fruit, coffee, tea, juice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is right by the river. Our room was on the 2nd floor, had a balcony, 2 chairs and moved the coffee table outside to set our dinner on. We strolled down by the river before we ate. Nice and quiet at night. Mexican restaruant across from the hotel, plus a Subway. 1 hour away from Crater Lake.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!