“disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
Tacoma Wa
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Upon checkin and entering the room ,we felt that the room ws extremely warm. The room had no air conditioning so I opened one window in the loft as the second window was already ope(that window could not be adjusted because the latch mechanism was broke). I turned on the ceiling fan only to discover the ceiling fan was not just dusty but was filthy dirty harboring at least a quarter inch of dust! I went to the main desk and asked if I could be moved to a different room and told them about the ceiling fan, the window, and about the room being too warm. I was told that there would be someone sent up to the room right away to take care of problems and that a box fan would be brought up. Within minutes there was a person in the room attempting to dust the fan but he could not get it clean enough with just dusting(mainily because he could not reach the ceiling fan well enough). Big clumps of dust and dirt fell from the fan onto the bed. He called for someone else to check the situation out and another man came to the room with a ladder in order to was the fan and light. I was comcerned about the dust all over the bed so a portable vacuum was brought up and used on the bed. The box fan that was brought to the room was full of dust so I cleaned it the best I could with cotton tip applicators and disinfecing wipes before running the fan to help cool the room. The window had to be closed from the outside as they were unable to make any adjustment from the inside. That evening I turned on the radio and discovered that the volume could not be adjusted and the radio was much too loud. On 8-9-09 (second day), I requested to have the bed linens changed. The housekeeper took the sheets off the bed and was starting to put the clean sheets on when I had noticed a number of blood spots on the mattress cover(not just stains but fairly fresh blood and not from me!!) It was ovbvious that the mattress cover had not been changed in between guests. The housekeeper was very appoligetic an dtook action right away to change the mattress cover. The hair dryer did not work as I discovered after my shower and needing to dry my hair. I did not use the coffee pot becouse the element looked totally rusted and I was afraid to even look in to the carafe!! When I went down to the desk and reported the hair dryer not working and the radio volume could not be adjusted, the lady said that it would be attended to. Upon returning to the room that afternoon I learned tha neither the radio nor hair dryer issues had been addressed. I knew that I should just make the best of it and just stay that one last night. Was the room worth four hundred dollars??? NO!! Dispite all the discrepancies with the room and the Shilo Inn , I did have a wonderful time wisiting Seaside Beach and touring along the Oregon coast. I do hope that the Shilo Inn will be more considerate about their guests and be careful in making the room a little more inviting and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Richland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Good get away. Walked on the beach and good people watching. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Great place for dog walkers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Your staff was attentive and freindly. The management was very nice. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. We got a dark small room. The hotel needs a "face-lift".

Did not enjoy the stay at all.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
shiloseaside, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
Dear karl19

We here at the Shilo Inn Seaside Oceanfront Hotel are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while staying at our hotel. Our 24 hour front desk is available to work diligently with our guests to assure their comfort and satisfaction. We are happy to relocate our valued guests to a room that is more comfortable and meets their needs.

We apologize for not meeting the expectations that you had for a Shilo Inn. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Shaun – General Manager
kmiles71
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

I have been a travel agent for years. I have stayed at all types of properties so I think I have a decent opinion of hotels. Let me say first that the hotel location cant be beat. I never had a problem finding parking and property sits on the main road of "downtown" (broadway). I upgraded to a ocean view room with full kitchen just prior to our stay. Although the room was dated, the accomodations were fully functional and the free wifi was a plus. These rooms lookout directly over the beach but be warned...there is NO air conditioning. Our days were hitting about 72 or so, even then we had to keep the door open to cool down at night. I traveled with my sister and my 2 girls (6 and 3). The swingsets on the beach (there are several) were a huge hit! You also are permitted to have campfires on the beach (not all beaches allow this). Yes, I did pay a lot but we were there during peak season. It is hard to find accomodations for less then 200 a night during the summer. The indoor pool was nice as was the jacuzzi facing the beach. A plus when the weather is a bit chilly outside yet the kids still want to swim. Room service was just okay but was a nice option on the nights we didnt want to cook. Not a lot of "nice" accomodations on seaside so I probably will stay here again and hope they do some updating :)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

Great waiters and service. Appreciated menu options and flexibility of foods for veggies. Will come back again on our next vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
whitefish
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Hotel needs a really good scrubbing and repairs. Overdue for a remodel to bring up to standard. Location is perfect and staff are super. Overpriced given the issues.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront? Share your experiences!