“Just What the Doctor Ordered!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
Eugene, Oregon
“Just What the Doctor Ordered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a few days to get away(live in Eugene) and love to be on the coast. Our room on the 5th floor was perfect, even though it rained our last day. The Hood to Coast run ended at the hotel and the business of the workers dismanteling everything was an education & efficient.
The amentities of the room were very adequate, finding everything except a bottle opener! Very pleased with the clean condition of the unit.
Breakfast at the Boardwalk Rest. was favbulous! Have never had such attention paid to us, and to other diners as we had and the food was delicious. We even were given samples of the coconut shrimp & chowder! Unheard of. Thank you for our wonderful get a way! And by the
way, all rooms are Pet Friendly. Jim & Vonnie Ross

Room Tip: Ask the Manager which room he would recommend! He chose the top, 5th floor for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

wonderful time, great pool, yummy breakfast
The house cleaner found my I-Pad under the bed covers. She turned it in to her supervisor. They called me the day we checked out. The manager, Jo, returned it the first day she was back at work. Excellent!!!!! I so appreciated it.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with how great our stay was. The kids loved the bunk beds and the indoor pool. My wife and I were impressed with the ocean front balcony view. Very clean room and the kitchenette was very convinient. I highly recommend this place since I have been in few other hotels in the area. And oh, the boardwalk resaturant has the best steamed clams.

For sure I am coming back and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

While our room was great, 5th floor, ocean view, clean and remodeled, I only have two complaints. One is not the hotels fault. We stayed the weekdays leading up to the Hood to Coast Relay. The set-up noise was awful! We were awakened to the backing signals of the forklifts and backhoes on the beach at 7am! Not the time I want to wake up when I am on vacation! This went on all day until about 5. Although we weren't in the room all day you could still hear the set-up noise within two blocks of the beach. All the tents, stages and equipment don't make the view that great either, but its not the hotels fault. The other issue is horrible wi-fi. Low to poor connectivity. So many people bring devices to read with or play on they really need to boost their signal. I am actually typing this review for the second time, because just as I was going to submit it, I lost the signal. I will definitely come back...I'll just msure its not the week prior to the H2C! Its a very pet friendly place, which we love! But if your not into dogs everywhere, stay somewhere else. Overall great place and very nice staff!

Room Tip: Unless you have pets, which are limited to the 3rd floor, be sure to request a room on the 4th or 5t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear 67hippychild,

Glad your room was great, that you’ll definitely come back, and your found our staff very nice. Excellent input on the noise leading up to the busiest event of the year - Hood to Coast. This is always the last weekend of August and the only time a guest would have this experience. I’ll share your comments with our corporate IT department about the wireless. I look forward to seeing you again.

Moses Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I took my wife and two kids to the stay at the Shilo Inn last weekend. Our stay was great and the room was clean. I agree that the hotel is aging but I felt that some of the reviews made are unfair to this property. Given the excellent location and the pleasant attitude of the staff I would stay at this property again.

Dear Hikeswithothers,

Wonderful that your family had a great stay here. Thanks for pointing out the friendly staff and clean rooms. Hope to see you again soon.

Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

AC did not work and sinks were very slow to drain. I should have known when a guest was filing a police report in the lobby and they offered us vouchers for drinks and dinner. To add to this, we got to our room and our key didn't work. One of us had to go back down and get it re-programmed, which was a hassle. We didn't visit the bar for our drinks/dinner because I had a feeling we would be very disappointed. We could hear our guests next door because our room was separated by a closet door that had been glued shut. The pictures didn't look too bad but this experience was totally different and not worth it. Definitely would not be staying here next time.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Luu Tran,

I do appreciate your input and I’m sorry to let you know our rooms do not have AC at this hotel. If any of our guests has an issue I encourage them to contact the front desk and we will do everything we can to make your stay fantastic. I do apologize if you did have any issues with your drain or door lock, but there are absolutely no glued doors. I’d fully recommend the oceanfront rooms that have all new appliances in the full kitchen, a fireplace, and amazing views from the balconies.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Most hotels should Reno every 7 years to keep modern... This one I don't think has changed a thing in 30 years.. Including the check in staff whom didn't know how to use a computer! We laughed when we saw the age of the microwave, and fridge in the room... The freezer even still had a frozen dinner from a previous guest! Hmm what else are the cleaning staff missing! (Ew). On the positive side, At least the tv was in color, they gave us a free drink at the bar, and location is great.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear bucatime 23,

Thank you for you insight. In the last year most of renovations have happened in the hotel lobby and oceanfront rooms. All guest rooms have new carpet in the last year, and the oceanfront rooms all have new large screen TV's, and new appliances (1 floor to go). I'll be sure to address you comments with housekeeping. Thanks for staying with us.

Shaun W.

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront? Share your experiences!