“Older decor but great location and pet friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   30 North Prom, Seaside, OR 97138   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
“Older decor but great location and pet friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed a Sunday night for rate of $79 plus pet fee. Great location right on the beach but there are no 1st floor rooms which can be a drawback when you have pups with small bladders. Sunday was Happy Hour all day and we enjoyed visiting with the bartender who had recently moved from FL. Rooms were a bit outdated and thin walls, but considering it is Seaside, there is a lot worse. Nice large indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Belding,

Thanks for leaving a review about Shilo Inn Seaside Oceanfront. I agree we do have a great location and our bartender is pretty special. The city side rooms are the economy rooms at this location. They are priced very competitively compared to other hotels in the area. Try an oceanfront next time as they are much larger, full kitchen, fireplaces, and balconies.

Thanks again,

Shaun W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in an ocean front double queen room with a kitchen and fireplace. We loved it.

Positives:
1. Room was in great shape, perhaps recently remodeled. Included fireplace, kitchen, and balcony with seating area.
2. Awesome view from ocean front room.
3. Room included new flat screen TV.
4. Hotel includes decent sized indoor pool, workout room with view of the beach, and restaurant/lounge. We enjoyed all of these during our stay.
5. Hotel is located on the beach in the heart of Seaside. Beach is sandy, flat and awesome. Numerous restaurants and kid friendly activities are within walking distance, right outside of the hotel.
6. Hotel includes free parking.

Negatives:
1. Coffee maker can only make 2 cups of coffee at a time.

Overall: loved Seaside and loved this hotel. We will be back. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kenbug,

Thanks for sharing your many positive comments about your stay. Our coffee makers do make one cup at a time, but you can have as much coffee as you want here. Look forward to having you back so you can “love it” again.

Sherwood, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked 10 rooms for our son's traveling basketball team to attend a tournament. We received the best help from Karen! She was awesome!! Every year we go, she always preps everything with a smile. We have been staying at this Shilo prior to basketball for over 15 years and she and Shaun always make us feel like family. Our kids love staying at Shilo (indoor pool) and the kitchens make it so affordable when traveling with a family. You can't get any closer to the beach... It's in the heart of everything!

• Stayed January 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Marefurst,

Thank you for being a repeat guest for the last 15 years and sharing your experience. Happy to take care of you group and pamper you Shilo style. Come see us again.

Shaun W
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place needs a huge overhaul!!! It is outdated from top to bottom. Wished I had read these other review comments before staying here. It is over priced for what you get. The room had a funky smell (like an old smoking room) The internet was not even possible from the rooms. You can hear every door opening and closing around you. Also any step the person took in the room above could be heard. The only bonus is that you are right on the beach. The restaurant in the hotel had a spectacular veiw. The food was not bad either. The pool area is open 24hours...The bathrooms were updated with marble but not the faucets. The service was great but the lack of charm and internet killed this hotels rating for me.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Jwo L,

I do appreciate all reviews our guest leave. I’ll be sure to work with housekeeping to find that balance of using air freshener so it does not over power the room, and does not leave any smells. I certainly check for this during my daily inspections. Sorry to hear the internet did not work for you. We just upgraded our system to a much large bandwidth, and more access points thru out the building. There was one day last week it was down during this upgrade. If you do come to see us again I would recommend the oceanfront rooms with new large flat screen TV’s, all new appliances being installed before summer, and new carpet in all of our guest rooms.

Shaun W
North Bonneville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have very fond memories of the Shilo because my grandma would take us here when we were children every 6 months. My girlfriends and I have kept up the tradition and stay here very often when we need a quick affordable getaway. I have never been disappointed in this hotel. The restaurant is fantastic, the pool is wonderful and the service is top notch! The best thing about the Shilo is that almost all the hotels in Seaside require you to be 21 or over, (except the rundown ones.) My girlfriends and I are all 20, which makes it hard to find somewhere to stay but the Shilo has always worked with me and offered us a room without any problems. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy all that Seaside offers! The perfect place to stay. :)

Room Tip: The loft rooms are fabulous if you're on a budget!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear EmilyS376,

How wonderful it is to hear the tradition of coming here passed down a generation. Happy to hear the pool was wonderful for you and our service was top notch. Come see us again.

Shaun W/.
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I expected something better than average (like Best Western), but this place isn't better, maybe a bit worse. Room was loud from people walking above us as well as people walking outside on the patio. Heard the furnace room near us all night long that sounded like a train driving by. Location is great, but I definitely would pay the same to stay somewhere with breakfast or some other perk. Seemed like a lot of teens here, the pool was a zoo for sure- wouldn't go near it.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, or stay somewhere else that is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LizzieG19,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like you stayed in one of standard rooms on the city side of the hotel. I always recommend the full oceanfront rooms for people sensitive to noise. These rooms not on the main hallway, twice the size, and our guest have great experiences. Our pool is extremely popular especially during spring break, and it is open 24 hours. Please give me a call as I would love to arrange for an oceanfront room next time.

La Grande
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

First, I have to say that the price that I paid was over-priced for a night. I was traveling with a large group of family and we needed a place to stay and when looking on-line for what we wanted in the rooms or stay breakfast was one and when we got there, yes it was beautiful but there was no breakfast because they have the restaurant in the hotel. If I would've known that they had no breakfast I wouldn't had stayed there for over $200 a night. I couldn't check in till 4 pm and had to be out by 12pm. That is less then a day. I stayed at a hotel that had ocean view just the same, however they had fresh baked cookies nightly, chowder nightly, their pool towels were heavier and bigger, DVD players in the rooms with movies to rent in the lobby, coffee/tea/hot chocolate anytime, there was a computer in the lobby for customers to use as well. I don't think that I will be returning to Shilo Inn to stay during a trip. They are over priced and not much offered for their customers. I paid $140 a night for the other hotel and got so much more then at this one. I was very disappointed with my stay. Also, when checking-in there was a lady with 2 teens who had paid for a city view and got an ocean view and didn't even use the bunk beds due to her son would not sleep on it, so she got a roll away bed put in for him. Here the lady I was with said "why not give me the room that she has since she son won't sleep on the bunk beds." So my other party got a room with a king bed and a couch that had a hide abed in it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Becky S,

Sorry you didn’t feel we offered enough for you during your stay. Every hotel has different programs and some of them here include a 24 hour indoor pool, free toys at check in for children, complimentary wine drink coupons at check in for all guests, free live music in the lounge on weekends and, our check out time is 12pm compared to 11am for most hotels in Seaside. We do have DVD players available for guests that do request them, our room & prices are comparable to other hotels in Seaside.

If ever our guests feel like something is not correct we always encourage our guests to contact the front desk or myself and we will always do our best to accommodate our guests needs. Thanks for sharing and please contact me if you come back to Seaside, we will take care of you here at Shilo Inns Seaside Oceanfront.

Shaun W.

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront? Share your experiences!