“Perfect Other Than Noise” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Seaside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs
“Perfect Other Than Noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a ocean view room. The room had a fire place, private balcony facing ocean, and a mini kitchen. The king bed was very good. The room was very clean. Our room was'nt available until 4:42 pm. The lobby was full of people waiting for their room to be ready. Owner was very apologetic about delay. I loved this place except for the fact the walls and doors seemed paper thin. The family in room next to ours had a child who cried until 11:30 pm. The child woke up at 7:10 am and began crying again. It sounded like she was in our room. We also could hear every conversation in the hallway. I know the owner can 't control a crying child but it sucks to pay $230 per night for a room that offers no sound proofing from noise. Due to noise level we will try a new place next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the hotel. I am very sorry about the noisy neighbors. We will work on that and make all of four guests have some quiet enjoyment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is ocean front, right on the prom. There is easy beach access, and it is within walking distance from the shops and restaurants on Broadway. Our room was on the 5th floor, with a King bed (new this year), a sofa that converts to a wall bed, a balcony, and a kitchenette. Be sure to call the hotel directly to book your room - going thru the Best Western website does not necessarily get you the room that you want.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book. Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments and we appreciate your business.
Auburn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great view if you have ocean side. Staff was great food in the restaurant for dinner was very good. Suite was disappointing large nice room but a connecting room VERY small and crowded. Overall saty very p;easent would go again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the nice comments about the staff and the food in our restaurant. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay..
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After ensuring with the hotel that I would be in a second floor pet-friendly room, I arrived at the hotel finding out I had been assigned a first floor room. I was told by the staff that I had booked through the main Best Western website, and that all the hotel does is assign a room to you, not necessarily looking at your specific requests. Thankfully I had spoken to staff directly at this hotel, and once mentioning the person's name, which proved I spoke directly to the hotel, I was switched to a second floor oceanfront room.

When I opened the door to my room, I found a room that had not been cleaned. With my luggage on a cart that must have had a wonky wheel, I made my way back down to the reception area and told the receptionist that the room had not been cleaned. She seemed surprised - perhaps the cleaning staff had not advised the front desk with information on the rooms they had cleaned. The receptionist quickly got herself a key to the room and ran up the stairs to check it out. This made me feel as if she didn't believe me. When she returned it was obvious that she had to do a fair bit of room shuffling to get me into an oceanfront second floor room. The reason I had wanted a room on the second floor was because rooms on the first floor face the sand dunes that block your view of the ocean. Therefore, if you want to actually see the ocean and avoid the staring eyes of the people walking right in front of you on the promenade, book a room on the second floor or higher. Sadly, this initial situation had left me not feeling very positive about staying here.

The room looked to have been updated recently. It was clean with a wonderfully comfortable bed, nice kitchenette area, but smallish bathroom. The sitting area has a simple couch and a bed that pulls out from the wall. There was also a nice chaise lounge off to one side of the bed. Overall, the price for the room seemed high, however you have to remember that you are paying for the proximity to the beach and ocean and the 'complimentary breakfast buffet'. Nothing in life is free - I'm sure the breakfast buffet's cost is buried somewhere in the room rate.

There is an Italian restaurant in the hotel that provides room service. I ordered a dinner from them, linguine alfredo with chicken, which came with a side salad of your choice (I chose Caesar salad) and breadsticks. The food arrived hot and was very good. There is a complimentary buffet breakfast daily, which I did not try as I had food with me. The small fridge was able to hold all of the food I had bought for myself, but I think it would not be big enough if a family would be bringing in some of their own groceries.

Although there was nothing really wrong with the room itself, the reason I am giving this hotel a 3 *star* review is because of two things:

1. The problems I encountered at check-in
2. My dog picked up a nasty problem with fleas that required veterinary care.

I understand that not everyone who brings a pet into a pet-friendly room cares whether or not their pet has fleas, but it wasn't something I thought would happen. I would hope that the hotel uses some sort of flea-kill product between guests. My bill from Bayshore Animal Hospital in Warrenton was just under $120.00 for the standard check-up and two medications, one that would kill the fleas and another to provide relief and healing from the flea bites.

If visiting Seaside again, I might think of trying a different hotel so that I can better compare the Best Western Oceanview Resort with its competitors.

Room Tip: If facing the ocean, ensure you book a room that is on the 2nd floor or higher, to avoid how close t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I am very sorry about the check-in problem although I understand that the staff corrected the problem quickly. I have looked into the problem with your pet and all of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each guest (to include the pet rooms). Although we could no evidence of the problem we are sorry that this occurred. We hope you will stay with us again.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

First it is way overpriced. Our double queen room was so small there was nowhere to set our luggage without tripping over it. One could almost fall into the toilet trying to get into the shower. The couple next door was fighting on the balcony and we could hear every last word... so we couldn't enjoy our balcony, which we paid dearly for but had zero privacy division from theirs. The family down the hall had screaming children crying about everything. Not a "resort" by any stretch of the imagination.

The restaurant and bar close at 9, leaving hungry tired travelers totally out of luck. So we went to the pool... The noise level was off the charts; the manager came in and hollered "closing time". No please, no thank you, no hospitality AT ALL!
So the only thing to do here is listen to your neighbors through the thin walls all night.

The ONLY good thing is the location right on the beach... But really, there were too many screaming kids, the rooms are way too small for the price, and no one seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Stayed July 2013
I am very sorry about the noise and disturbance. I know the staff try to maintain vigilance over the quiet enjoyment of all guests however we certainly could have done better for you. I hope you will give us another chance. We care.
British Columbia,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A week long stay unfortunately flew by but we did enjoy every day, This hotel benefits from an excellent location, it's on the promenade but nicely separated from the busy main street. The view is spectacular, west to the horizon, north and south to the ends of the beach, even when there isn't an awesome sunset there is always something to look at. The staff are very polite and attentive to their guest's needs, we are already looking forward to our next (not yet scheduled) visit. This will be our favorite Saeside hotel forever!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We love that we are now your favorite hotel and we will keep improving and working hard to maintain that trust and confidence.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July week. All rooms have a dramatic view of the Pacific Ocean. It is a mesmerizing place as you sit and listen to the sound of the surf from your deck. The staff was very happy and helpful with CAN DO attitude. They gave the place a positive vibe. The promenade runs right in front of the hotel. Great for people watching or an early morning jog. Breakfast had anything you could want. Service was good. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers the better view .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing the positive comments about the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed yourself on the 4th.

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!