“Our stay at the Best Western in Seaside” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Seaside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Billings, MT
“Our stay at the Best Western in Seaside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the hotel. The accommodations were beautiful and very tastefully done and the view from our room was to die for. The staff at the desk, as well as the Manager, were most helpful and courteous. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the staff and we are delighted that you were delighted. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Rainier, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Location was great within walking distance to the turnaround but not close enough to get all the traffic. The only drawback to our stay was I felt the room was a bit pricey for the accomodations provided.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the great review and kind words. We look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

First let me say that the staff at this hotel was great! Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. They were decorated nicely and the beds were reasonably comfortable.

My biggest issue with the hotel is that it is really loud. There is no way to close the door to the rooms without a loud slam. Some of the guests were pretty noisy but I know that's not the hotel's fault! Kids forget to keep it down and not stomp sometimes!

I didn't like that it was open air either...maybe in the summer it would be okay but in April it is really cold!

The slider was really difficult to open and close too...definitely needed to use both hands and all my strength to open and close it (this was room 206). The toilet didn't flush easily (rm 212) and the sink was leaky (rm 212).

The buffet in the restaurant was just okay...I think walking down the street to Pig n Pancake would be better. The banana bread French toast was pretty tasty though.

Overall, it was a decent stay but for over $150/night (for a partial view room on the second floor...room 212), I would have liked a quieter stay and much more comfy beds! Or at the very least a free breakfast (they did give us a 15% off coupon).

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for writing and I am very sorry about the poor weather and noise you experienced. Thank you as well for the kind words about our cleanliness and location. I will personally follow-up on the guestroom issues.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

All the staff we encountered were very friendly from the front desk to the maintenance guys. Our room was clean with comfy beds, and the pool was great for the kids. Great location on the beach, and close to the shops on Broadway. Only negative is that breakfast is not included. There is a restaurant on site, and you have a 1 time option of either 15% off your bill, or kids under 10 eat free with paying adults. We went to Fred Meyer and bought some cereal and milk, and had cheap breakfasts in our room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the review and we appreciate the kind words about the hotel and our staff.
Washington/ Oregon border
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I want to start with I have been a tripadvisor member since 2009 & have never a given 1 star review. I waited a bit to see if I still felt this was deserved. Ultimately we feel it is the right rating for our stay. We booked a top billed room, with a jetted tub third party at a cost of 250+ for two nights midweek off season. A good price if things were as they should be. This doesn't include breakfast, something we have gotten quite used to with our travels. Breakfast is about another 6-10$ per person. I didn't find it better than free ones, but we knew it wasn't included. Our breakfast order was incomplete & it required two trips. Check in was good, at first glance the room was very good. The view is fabulous but a view alone is not worth it if you are uncomfortable, question cleanliness, & things don't work well.

This trip was a couple towns over anniversary "staycation". For us it was lots of issues that added up and made us feel cheated. 1) We had obvious mystery stains on the chair & tub corner window, at first I thought it was seagull poo outside, but nope it was inside. We were told it was cleanser. I hope so. 2) The room is very poorly ventilated so the great view from tub is lost to steam for quite some time anyway + the room gets very warm. 3) There was a good amount of mold in tub area that indicated ventilation has likely been a problem for some time. 4) I was hot end of winter? The hotel lists AC as an amenity but our room was running mid to upper 70's middle of night even with heat off and cold/wet outside. I couldn't find the AC. I called the desk and was told there is no AC but we could sleep with the balcony door open. 5) Hum, my husband is a career cop and even in nice little beach towns you should lock doors for safety. There is no way to secure the slider partially open or to safely get a cross breeze so you can cool down reasonably quickly. I climbed up the chair and opened the small transom, no difference I could feel. 6) So then ceiling fan, right? It's there but also didn't work properly and felt very unsafe to use over us. I was given a free standing fan in the morning, as requested, for our second night and it brought the room down to 69-70 at best, still warm for me. A fan will circulate air but if it's hot air it won't cool you down much. The maid was very nice and the only person who said sorry during our stay! 7) The bed was a new comfy king except they have these lumpy mattress protectors that don't stay put and bunch up under you, not comfy. 8) When we got rained in we thought we would watch a dvd we brought. TV was the littlest (and probably the cheapest flat screen TV I have ever seen) and sound quality was so tin like we couldn't hear the movie. 9) The pool should save us! Both pool and hot tub need maintenance. The pool was just ok, but I did like it seemed to be saline. My eyes had no burn at all, usually they do. When we went to get out we noticed there wasn't a single pool towel. Ok no biggie, we called for them... 20-25 minutes later, still no towels! So we hopped out wet and made a dash for the elevator down the hall & through the lobby soaking wet in just our suits. I'm a 40ish mom who doesn't love my body. NOT HAPPY! 10) Fireplace, I almost hesitate on this but the fireplace is just electric and doesn't look or feel like a fire at all. I think it should be mentioned that it's electric in description as I was looking forward to an actual fire. It was a let down.

At checkout we were not asked if our stay was good. This made us feel like they don't really want to know, or don't care. There was no one else around so why not ask and keep logs to improve or fix things? I did wait a couple days to call so I could calmly explain to the manager our experience. He was kind and did seem genuinely concerned. He called me back later that day to say he had set up meetings to discuss what all was wrong, so this almost made me go to two stars but I didn't hear anything after that about if things would at least be fixed for others. It just wasn't a good stay, didn't justify the cost, wasn't worth the time off we took from work, and was such a huge contrast from our last night where we stayed in Canon beach at a "resort" that I could say "this is a resort"! The last night of our trip was booked in a lower billed room for $97 a night, a 30$ per night savings from best western. It was so nice! One "resort" earned repeat stays and recommendations this one didn't.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I know that the Hotel's General Manager has made several attempts to contact you in an effort to remedy the issues outlined in your review. I apologize for any deficiencies you and your husband experienced and we will make it right.
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here during a last-minute trip to the pacific coast. Great location for a hotel! Lots to offer with beach walks, downtown shops and restaurants. The hotel is a little dated. The rooms show the wear as well. We had a good night's sleep and left bright and early so we did not eat at the restaurant. If we ever venture back to the area, we would definitely stay here again but we would most likely check out the other area hotels as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words. All of our rooms have been renovated in the last two years and we are making other improvements to the lobby, exterior, etc. Thank you for the recognition.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a night. What a great beach view from our room. We had a dog friendly room and when we checked in we received a little gift for our dog which he gobbled up. One thing this hotel did not have was a free breakfast like a lot of other hotels, but they did give us a discount coupon for the restaurant. One thing they should fix is the downstairs door which always slammed in the middle of the night. Overall we had a enjoyable time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words. They mean a lot to our team.

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!