“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Astoria, Oregon
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Have eaten here several times with mixed results. We usually go for some seafood, pub style, like a salmon burger or fish and chips. I personally wouldn't choose this place but tag along as part of a group.
Overall, the food's okay, always gives me mighty heartburn, but with that much grease it's almost a given. Most of the time, the fish is overcooked, so that the deep-fry batter is dark brown and almost burned. On a bad day, you'll get a staff member that won't write down your order and can't remember it, either. They don't offer anything to make up for a meal the staff simply messed up, and they don't do special orders. Staff is borderline - in the tourist season it's really busy and I'm sure stressful, but I don't really accept that as an excuse for unfriendliness.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Kansas
“Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in town briefly with a friend and just wanted a place to watch the game. I came in after him because I was busy shopping, but once I found him sitting at the bar a bartender quickly came over and ripped the coffee cup I was holding away from me exclaiming I couldn't have it in there and without giving me a chance to finish it (it was half full). Needless to say, I didn't waste my money there, but my boyfriend had ordered a beer and the staff was slow even though it was busy and there were plenty of people working. Very unwelcoming, unfriendly atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good donuts, but take your ID”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We tried to stop in at the bar for some of their craft beer as part of the Oregon Craft Beer Trail, but weren't carrying our passports as ID so were turned away. We did have a donut before we left, they were yummy.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“OK for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Dundee's was a nice place to start our day at the beach. I was surprised how many places were closed until Spring. Fun to watch some football and warm up from a crisp morning. The waitresses were great!

Visited January 2014
Kelso, Washington
“Pretty cool bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wife and I went here to have a drink and got some food. This is a Red Sox and Patriot bar. Really cool cause I'm a fan of both. Any way, great staff, very friendly. They have a donut shop next door, so if you been drinking it's pretty yummy. Menu is a good size. Little bit more than bar food. Definitely will come back.