“Awsome Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
portland
“Awsome Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

A speacial thanks to the front desk (Sean) he had great information, places to go and things to do and where to eat. We fell in love with Sean and Seaside. The hotel itself was nice, new and clean! Awsome room, awsome stay, customer service awsome. Thank you and see you next year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

We decided to stay at this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews and we were so glad we found it! I stayed here for the weekend to celebrate my birthday with my husband and 3 kids. This place was fantastic! We had 2 bedroom 2 bath suite which was perfect. We loved the rooms and fully utilized the kitchen by preparing our own fresh seafood dinner with fish that we purchased from a nearby local fish market plus other stuff from the nice Safeway just blocks away. Our kids loved the pool and I also enjoyed the hot tub while they played and the nice jetted tub in our master bathroom. The hotel is very close to the beach and centrally located. The hotel staff are wonderful and very helpful. The buffet breakfast was good but very crowded so the staff gave us some trays and allowed us to load them up and take food up to our room for our family of 5. Overall a great value and very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

First, let me say that we stayed at Rivertides because of all the glowing TA reviews -- TripAdvisor really works.

My friend and I stayed at the Rivertides at the beginning of a long road trip down the Pacific Coast. Both of us were jetlagged, having traveled half way around the world.

Check-in took seconds, the rooms were so spacious that we were able to work together in the same room.

My only problem was that I was not able to get an outgoing phone line when I desperately needed to reach Hertz. But the staff loaned me their front desk phone for as long as I needed it, and took (and promptly delivered) several messages for me. They even offered to call me at the restaurant we were going to.

And the price, around $85 each, was right.

Note that Rivertides is not right on the beach, which might be a problem for some. However, it is only a few minutes walk from the restaurant and entertainment area, and the beach is shortly beyond that.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

We spent two nights at the Rivertides one of the newest hotels in town. It's 2 blocks from the beach. The beach front hotels we all very old looking, except for the Wyndham (timeshare)
The studio had a full kitchen , spa type bubble tub with a large bathroom two sinks and seperate room for tub. The living room had a flat screen tv dvd player couch and chair and really nice pillow top bed. This looked like a perfect family hotel also had a washer dryer dishwasher . Fully furnished kitchen really nice decor, fireplace too!
The staff were super there was a really nice breakfast in the lobby and wine reception everynight at 5 pm,. Sean our concierge was great!. Had a nice crab meal at Martha's Mansion, there was lots of fun shopping and a nice beach to walk. TV and games in the lobby, fireplace and reading area, pool and hot tub. After a 2 day walk around the town this was really the nicest place that we had seen. It was a great pick and I would reccomend this to anyone! for a Perfect stay at Seaside.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

What a wonderful find. We enjoyed and excellent rate at an excellent property. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful. The studio room was large and well appointed. The bed and bedding were comfortable and we enjoyed being able to spread out and enjoy the living area with a flat screen TV, fireplace, and comfortable furnishings. The manager's reception was nice as was the included breakfast. We were not even approached about a timeshare and left wishing we had booked more than one night. Our room was not riverview but was quiet. The staff here make the property outstanding.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

This was an absolutely wonderful experience. The room was beautiful and comfortable. We had the small suite. It has a full kitchen, washer and dryer, fireplace, flat screen TV, jetted tub. It felt like a small condo. The bed was amazing. The service was courtious and friendly. Even the workout room was fine. Any downside? I will admit that I love my breakfast and continental breakfasts leave me wanting so we didn't partake of that, but it looked excellent in so far as continental breakfasts go. Also, the pool is smallish. Other than these very small shortcomings, I can find nothing bad to say. After being here for five nights it felt like home and we hated to leave. The price for the room is an awesome value. Would i recommend it to a friend? I already have. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
new england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

and to think I almost stayed at the Microtel! For less than $10 more for a Sunday night stay, I had a great stay here.

The studio room was fully equipped with a full kitchen (scaled-down appliances), a luxurious (by my standards) bathroom with a whirlpool tub and granite counters, a comfy couch, flat screen TV, fireplace and a washer and dryer. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The toiletries were very nice as well. There were a few dishes in the dishwasher (as one other reviewer noted), and I added one or two more, but it wasn't a big deal, and I would rather they conserved resources by only running it when it was full.

The location was fine; it was a few minutes' waIk to the beach where I went to watch the sunset.

The staff was very helpful; someone found a small carton for me I could mail a package. No one made any attempt to sell me a condo; I had a glass of wine at the reception and sat out by the river having a nice chat with other guests. On request, I was provided a password to use the computer in the business center, but I couldn't get it to work, which wasn't a big deal for me.

i wish I had more than one night there...I'd definitely stay here again if I'm out in the area!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Rivertide Suites? Share your experiences!