“In the offseason, pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Holladay Drive, Seaside, OR 97138   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in Seaside
Tacoma, WA
“In the offseason, pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was here in late October, and according to the woman working the breakfast room, it's now the off season, and things have really slowed down. That explains the eight cars in the parking lot when I arrived at 8 PM, and the very quiet hotel, helping to make sleep easy. The wifi dropped intermittently on all three networks I tried, but it was usable.

It's a little worn around the edges -- parts that don't get remodeled, like the bathroom door, are showing their age. Yes, other comments are dead on about the gross tasting omelettes -- if they're using Cheez Wiz in them so close to Tillamook, well, disappointment. Avoid the eggs and you'll be happy.

The staff was very friendly. The location is in walking distance of everything I needed. It's not a bad choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a great stay and excellent service. This property went above and beyond to make our stay great!! I was traveling from FL to OR with my son who is in the USCG. This stay was our 4th night out and this was the only hotel to acknowledge his service. The front desk (Brett) was stellar. I would not only recommend this hotel, I will return. Clean rooms, great breakfast and convienent location. Great job!!! And let's not forget to show and give support to the men and woman that protect our freedoms.

Room Tip: It seems that all rooms would be great, newer hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Beaverton, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, this was the first time we had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We asked to check in early and was told it would be just a few minutes(which is was). The breakfast was typical continental plus pancakes, egg omelets, the omelet was not very good at all! The staff was nice and friendly will probably stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our family has been going to this location for many years. And have always enjoyed our stay, but for whatever reason it may be for change in management or so forth this place has turned into from a lollipop of enjoyment to a leach. Last time we stayed there the spa was filthy with grime. The next time we planned to go. Work issues came up and we wanted to cancel well over 28 hours in advance of our arrival. If you call central reservations they will assure you that cancellation is acceptable at 6:00 pm the day of arrival. When we called to cancel a "Stephanie" had answered and denied us our cancellation due to their "48 hour notice" policy and that it was not a "cancellable or changeable reservation". We had not pre-paid or used a third party booking agency we called direct to the hotel. So I asked for the reservation to be moved because we couldn't make it. Her manager Katie Parson allowed it "just this once" and since I felt like I was being forced to stay I decided to cancel the whole stay. So if you want to be just a number there are plenty of better hotels in the area well worth staying at. Our rate was very minute in comparisson to what anyone would pay, but this Holliday Inn would rather make money off your "No show or cancellation" than to earn it through customer care or accommodations. Definitely, find another hotel that is closer to the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Benjamin M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the policies of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your interactions. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express several years when we've been in Seaside, Oregon. We always go at the "end of season." It's very convenient to the Convention Center and has in the past been a predictable Holiday Inn Express experience---not too hot, not too cold...just right. This year was different. The housekeeping had really slipped. When we arrived we noticed that the rugs were quite dirty in the two rooms at which we looked. I began to understand why as we spent our week there. They never vacuumed the whole week! Obviously, things are going to be dropped which are easily vacuumed, but not after being ground into the carpet. This made me queasy about the rest of the cleanliness.

This year a friend who is fairly disabled joined us. He too was disappointed in the facilities. One room which was designated as handicapped had no walls around the bathtub. He needs to lean against a solid surface, so the location of the grab bars is very important. Provision for the disabled is a growing concern as the population ages. I hope the Holiday Inn Express chain is looking at ADA standards and considering them as they remodel.

Another complaint I had this year was the breakfast. I'm pretty satisfied with cereal, but one morning I tried the omelet, only to quickly discard it for my traditional raisin bran. The girl working the kitchen was overwhelmed at times. She could not keep up with the demand for coffee and the various items on the buffet. I seem to remember more staff in the past, and I wonder if the hotel was not hiring or if there was a staff shortage.

One really positive off the hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff. Perhaps, there were just not enough of them.

Most likely we will be back to Seaside, but I've already decided to check the reviews of other nearby hotels. Hopefully, by the time I check the reviews next summer, the Holiday Inn Express will have returned to the days of yore when we found the rooms clean and the food edible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Lindadrp,

Krysllin G.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel is not on the beach, but is only a few minutes walk away. The rooms were nicely appointed. The people are extremely friendly. We would definitely recommend and will likely stay again. The breakfast is not the best we have had. I would suggest using it as a light snack and then go out to breakfast. We like Rileys, which is just up the street about a half mile north (see my other review). Rileys looks questionable, but the people and food are genuinely good and reasonably priced. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine. If you have concerns, call the hotel and explain your personal preferences...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We chose this hotel as it is newer than most and was advertised to be on the water. It was waterfront view...and far from the water... and the balcony was tiny. I was disappointed in the size of the room and the view. The room and all common areas were immaculate, and the staff was courteous and pleasant. The breakfast was very good! For the money we paid for the room, this hotel gets an average only.

Room Tip: Be aware that you have the view, but you are not on the water where you can here the waves break. Yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jeanne A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center? Share your experiences!