We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express several years when we've been in Seaside, Oregon. We always go at the "end of season." It's very convenient to the Convention Center and has in the past been a predictable Holiday Inn Express experience---not too hot, not too cold...just right. This year was different. The housekeeping had really slipped. When we arrived we noticed that the rugs were quite dirty in the two rooms at which we looked. I began to understand why as we spent our week there. They never vacuumed the whole week! Obviously, things are going to be dropped which are easily vacuumed, but not after being ground into the carpet. This made me queasy about the rest of the cleanliness.
This year a friend who is fairly disabled joined us. He too was disappointed in the facilities. One room which was designated as handicapped had no walls around the bathtub. He needs to lean against a solid surface, so the location of the grab bars is very important. Provision for the disabled is a growing concern as the population ages. I hope the Holiday Inn Express chain is looking at ADA standards and considering them as they remodel.
Another complaint I had this year was the breakfast. I'm pretty satisfied with cereal, but one morning I tried the omelet, only to quickly discard it for my traditional raisin bran. The girl working the kitchen was overwhelmed at times. She could not keep up with the demand for coffee and the various items on the buffet. I seem to remember more staff in the past, and I wonder if the hotel was not hiring or if there was a staff shortage.
One really positive off the hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff. Perhaps, there were just not enough of them.
Most likely we will be back to Seaside, but I've already decided to check the reviews of other nearby hotels. Hopefully, by the time I check the reviews next summer, the Holiday Inn Express will have returned to the days of yore when we found the rooms clean and the food edible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Seaside Oregon. This beautiful Seaside hotel is strategically located in downtown Seaside, convenient to the Seaside Convention Center and only 3-1/2 blocks from the beach. Close to the hotel is the Seaside Historical Museum, Seaside Carousel Mall and of course Seaside's famous downtown shopping area on Broadway, home of the Turnaround. We are also located just blocks from the Seaside Factory Outlet Center. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Seaside is ideal for business travelers, families and coastal visitors. The beautifully appointed guest rooms in this new Seaside hotel offer a variety of room types and styles with amenities to fit every need. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Seaside offers an indoor heated pool, spa and sauna; fitness center and guest laundry. We also feature a business center and free high speed Internet service. The team at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Seaside is committed to providing the highest level of service and value. We take pride in exceeding our guest s expectations and making your stay an enjoyable one. We reserve the right to make changes to policies without notice. All group reservations require a 96 hour cancellation notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Seaside - Convention Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Seaside
- Seaside Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Seaside
- Holiday Inn Express Seaside