“Timber!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Stayton, Oregon
“Timber!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2005

This is a must see for everyone in the family. I drove all the way from Stayton, Oregon just to eat there. The food is good, but the atmosphere makes the place. I am a great cook, so anything out of my own home is scrutinized severly,,, so do not go by my food critic here. You must see this place for its atmosphere and all the lot has to offer. It will give the kids time to stretch their legs as you walk leisurely around the property and enjoy the many collectibles. I have nothing but good things to say about this place and hope it continues to be the land mark it has been for so many years. Keep up the GREAT job and see you again soon,, Ü !!

• Turkish first
Anacortes, WA
“A Must Stop Destination Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

We drove the half hour drive from Seaside, Or to Elsie, Or to visit Camp 18 with breakfast on our mind. We were not disappointed! Breakfast is served until 2PM and the place is "eye candy galore". It was interesting to sit at whatever table they sit you. All kinds of huge logs made into unique furniture. Photographs and memorabilia everywhere. When my Camp 18 breakfast arrived, I ate the most delicious baking powder biscuit in my life first. It filled me up so much, that half my omelet was taken home with me for later. Fantastic flavor! After the meal, we walked around the property for another hour looking at all kinds of logging equipment as the history of logging in Northwest Oregon is truly captured at this special place. Men will love this place. I loved it too. Tons of parking for any kind of RV you might be driving.

Edmonton, AB
“A cinnamon bun the size of my head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

I stopped at Camp 18 for breakfast on my way back to the Portland airport after a wonderful few days on the Oregon coast.

I was quite hungry, so I ordered a cinnamon bun in addition to my entree. When it arrived at my table I understood why the waitress looked at me kind of funny when I placed the order. In addition to the huge plate of biscuits and gravy (and that was the half order!), I received a cinnamon bun the size of my head. That is not an exaggeration. I have attached the picture I took, because I didn't think anyone at home would believe me. (to give you some sense of scale I should point out that the plate it is on is a dinner plate, not a small side plate)

In addition to being mammoth, it was also really good. The icing was a bit sweet for my taste so I scraped most of it off, but it was otherwise hot and fresh and delicious. A takeout container was delivered to my table along with the bun, and I used it to take the 3/4 of it that I couldn't finish along with me.

A TripAdvisor Member
“A "Don't Miss" on my list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

Every year I do the 1.5 hour drive from Portland to Cannon Beach and every year I stop at Camp 18. Why? Because A). halfway from Portland to Cannon Beach I get hungry, and B.) its the funnest and greatest place to eat in the whole area! This great big ol' restuaurant musuem and gift shop used to be an old logging mill, and now it is just a great place to eat, have fun, and learn some history. All kinds of neat logging equipment outside make for great conversation and fun photo oppurtunities. Inside this big log building is a rustic type log setting with a roaring fireplace, cathedral ceilings, antler chandeliers, and some cool log bench seating. This place is great to bring the whole family, have a great meal, take some fun family photos and see the sights, not to mention pick up a souvenier or two. And if you aren't coming with a big family and want a romantic dinner, then how about the loft that looks down into the restuarant that you get all to your self, by reserving in advance. So cozy and quaint. It makes you want to eat and then curl up in a blanket by the fireplace with the one you love. The food is great! Not gourmet, but good! The service is friendly and charming. But the atmosphere is the best. So, if headed to the coast, don't forget to stop at Camp 18.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Highly Recommended, Logger Style Meals, Free Logging Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2005

A "must eat at" restaurant. Fantastic delicious food with great service and atmosphere. The prices are very realistic and the portions are very large.

We were staying at the "Rockaway Beach Resort" on the beach at Rockaway Oregon and visited Camp 18 as a day excursion and returned. This trip made for a very nice day.

Camp 18 is located at milepost 18 on U.S. Highway 26 running through the coastal mountains between Portland and the Oregon Coast just south of Seaside Oregon. Camp 18 is located near the small town of Elsie. 60 miles from Portland and 22 miles from Seaside.

The theme of the Restaurant is that of a logging camp. The restaurant is a very large log cabin. I was told that the restuarants 85-foot ridge pole is the largest in the United States. I am not sure how many people it can hold but the day we were there a bunch of tour busses were there. Lots of people but still a lot of tables left. The tables are of heavy wood with various country fashions decorations. On the exposed logs of the inside many historic logging pictures and items are hung. There are two large fireplaces and two lofts on each end of the building. One loft is a full service bar with lots of cozy places to sit, sip and enjoy in romantic conversations. They are open 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. They have a Toll Free telephone number of -----------.

The service is fantastic. It may seem a little slow, but it is because of the large number of customers they service. Servers are very friendly, professional and have vast knowledge of all the foods offered. The menu has something for just about anyone. Seafood, bar-b-q, chicken, pork, steaks with many very unique offerings such as razor clams for breakfast. The quality and taste of the food is just wonderful. Since the theme is logging, the meal portions are VERY large, as to feed a hard working logger. The dress code is very casual, though I did see quite a few people dressed up very nice. I do know that they take reservations for groups, but I am not sure about just a few people.

The restaurant is located on about 5 acres, which has been turned into a free logging museum. You will see Log Yarders, Loading Donkeys, Steam Shovels, Cranes, Train Cabooses and many more logging equiptment items. You may take your leisure and walk all through the open-air museum, feeling free to take all the pictures you want. While we were there people really seemed to be enjoying touring the site. Many were telling stories of the old days to their younger family members. A very fun place.

The restaurant also has a large gift shop.

We highly recommend "Camp 18" as a wonderful place to go alone, with someone special or in a large group................Enjoy!