“Best Clam Chowder in Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Chowder
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Seattle, Washington
“Best Clam Chowder in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been coming to this town & this restaurant for decades...many decades. A year or so ago, I believe this restaurant changed management (it's in the Shilo Inn on the prom). Seriously, I used to hate their clam chowder, but what they are serving now is fabulous...as I said, the best in town...and there is a lot of chowder in this town! It's creamy, thick, and flavorful, with lots of potatoes & clams. My other favorite thing is their huge wedge of iceberg lettuce...covered in blue cheese dressing with chopped tomatoes & crumbled bacon....together with a bowl of the chowder, it's an excellent meal. The service was excellent, and the view can't be beat! There are big picture windows looking right out on the prom and beach. A great place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle
“Great Happy hour!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Appetizers were great and the price was very good. The view-- well.... hey, what's NOT wrong with the Pacific Ocean? And our server was spot on!

Visited September 2012
Gearhart, Oregon
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We live nearby. We have a weekly meeting catered in a meeting room. We love the happy hour which we visit a couple of times each month. We had dinner two days in a row in the restaurant. First night with family we had great service and the food was well prepared. It came hot. Second time as part of a group of 15 we had good service but the food was not well prepared. My chicken breast dinner on jasmine rice was on rice with no jasmine flavor and actually looked like a pile of garbage on my plate. My wife had the marinated sirloin as a special order. It was cold and the French fries were too. The ice cream was good. The moral of this story is not to go as part of a large group but it was a disappointment after a great experience the day before.

Shilo I, General Manager at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear James C,

Thank you for coming in to visit our restaurant so frequently, we appreciate great customers. My apology that your food came out cold, we strive to give great service with great food. Large parties can be fun but if you have any issue with your food while you are at the restaurant please let us know immediately and we will make it right in any way we can to make sure your are taken care of as our guests. Please, if possible, on your next visit ask for me, my name is Ken and I am the restaurant manager. Thank you for your review and look forward to meeting you.

Ken Erman
Modesto, California
“No bad , though not the greatest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed in a motel nearby that did not offer food. We had an acceptable breakfast at the Shilo Restaurant our first day in Seaside then sought out other options to try and to get a flavor of this great OR coast area.

Visited August 2012
Dear modestotravelers,

Thank you for coming in on your visit to Seaside. We want all of our guests to be satisfied with their visit to the restaurant and when next in the area please look me up, my name is Ken Ermann-the restaurant manager, and I will make sure that we “wow” you and make It more than “acceptable" on your next visit. Thank you for your review.

SIncerely,

Ken Ermann
Manager
Bozeman, Montana
“Great views, not so great food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to have dinner here, and were given a table right next to the windows with great views of the beach which was very lovely. Upon getting seated we had to wait 10 minutes before our server came to see us because he was 'on break'. I guess their servers don't cover for each other.

Once our server got to our table he gave us some spiel about how he's been working 18 hours, etc, and I'm not kidding when I tell you it looked like he was on something to keep him going those 18 hours. Now, I'm not the type of person that treats wait staff poorly, I usually tip 20% as long as it's decent service, but seriously, I'm here on vacation trying to enjoy myself. I don't need to hear your woes, I just want some decent service.

Once we got service I ordered the fish & chips and my wife ordered the 'special' burger of the day which was the pizza burger. My fish arrived completely greasy and the breading was not crisp at all, it was completely soaked through like it had been sitting out for a long time since it had been fried. The taste was ok, the fries were good at least. My wife's burger was also quite greasy, and had a bad aftertaste I don't know how to describe. She couldn't eat all of it, though the taste didn't bother her as much.

When we were done eating, we had to sit there for another extended period of time as our waiter was again nowhere to be found. When he finally came and got us our bill, he stood right behind the table waiting and watching (to make sure he was getting a tip) was the impression I got.

Also, while we were waiting for our bill, a woman at the table next to use who had also ordered the fish & chips was complaining about her fish, as hers was completely greasy and not crispy at all either.

Visited August 2012
Dear ashyn,

Thank you for coming in to the “Boardwalk” this past week. I am sorry that your visit was not up to the high standards that we strive to reach with all of our guests when they visit us. We ask all of our guests to quickly let us know if there are any issues with either the service or the food during their visit. I would much rather meet the guests and correct any issues on your visit so as to make your visit better while you are here. This helps us also to identify any issues in service or food that could adversely affect other guests. Thank you for your review and I would ask if the next time you are in Seaside you please visit us and please look me up.

Ken Ermann