“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
Portland Oregon
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The service at the Seashore Inn was wonderful. I had a continental breakfast each morning and walked out the door onto a lovely sandy beach. The room was clean and the room cleaners were most helpful. I loved being so close to the Pacific Ocean and also to the Promenade and the main street with all of the shops. The swim pool was great to use after sunset - as was the hot tub. I can't think of anything I didn't like. It was great for a solo traveller and I will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

With the friendly and efficient new management, and a renewed emphasis on cleanliness and customer service, the Seashore Inn has once again become our favorite family cavation spot!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

When we walked into our room the smell is what hit us first, it smelled musty, dirty and old. Our room was directly next to the smoking area (the only window that opened was right out to the smoking area), under a flight of stairs and basically in the parking lot (where alarms went off through the night). It honestly shouldn't even be a room that they rent out, it should maybe be a place to store the cleaning supplies. The sheets were sandy, and itchy. We ended up sleeping on blankets we happened to have in the car. Honestly the bed itself had to have been one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in, I don't know how old that matress was. When I got up the next morning I found what was causing the smell, there was a panel of black fuzzy mold, about 6 inches by 18 inches in the bathroom. I was disgusted. I went to the front desk and told them what I had found. I was expecting them to apologize and try and make things better... instead what happened is they simply said they wouldn't charge me for the second night I had also booked if I wanted to leave. They didn't offer to give my my money back or to even find us another room at that hotel or at another one! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Don't stay here if you value your family and your health.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed in Aug 2009 during the week for $155+tax for an oceanfront room. We chose this motel because it was what was still available last minute and the price was reasonable for an oceanfront view. The motel is 3 stories high and those walking on the beach can see inside, so we had to keep our curtains closed. The rooms are very very basic. The continental breakfast were packaged baked goods (Sara Lee danishes/muffins) and bagels. Motel is good for those on a budget and for those who value the view. But be sure to ask for the higher floors. When I called they offered me a ground floor oceanview. I asked if they had any on the 3rd floor and they did. They also did this when my husband called to make the reservations. Also about a block or 2 from the main strip of shopping/restaurants. We also were able to walk to the local video store to rent movies ($2.50/night).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
tacoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I made my reservations with Debbie in mid march she told me i would get a room with a king bed with a kitchen on the 3rd floor for $125 per night, when i checked in Debbie was the one at the front desk she checked me in but when i looked at the bill it said it was $145 a night.. When I asked her about the price she said that was the price she told me, so I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager and there was nothing that she could do (very rude). Ok an extra $20, but I get top floor king bed and a kitchen.......WRONG!!! I get to the room and open the door and there is 2 queen beds with no kitchen, this was very disapointing. So I go back down stairs and ask Debbie about my room and immediately she says there are no more kitchen rooms, she turns around and walks in the back room, there was another gal on the phone and she said that she would help me get a room with a kitchen Finally!! someone that cares, after about 10 minutes the gal moved us into a 3rd floor king bed with a kitchen and an apology. Once in the room i was able to have a great time having a kitcen made a huge diffrence an the hot tub was great...I just felt that the management was rude and unprofessional. Make sure you know what the price is. We will not be returning to the seashore inn.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
salt lake city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We found this reasonable spot on tripadvisor. I loved the shower, hot and a wonderful shower head. It was all I expected of an older but nicely run establishment with clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Open the oceanfront room door and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach while lying on your bed or whatever. Fabulous! Such friendly staff and comfortable beds. Also, an unusual surprise, free breakfast foods including muffins, danish, fresh fruit, juices, and really good coffee. The kids loved the pool and hot tub in the evenings. We will definitely stay at The Seashore Inn again. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

• Liked — Right on the edge of the sandy beach
  • Disliked — No exhaust fan in the bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seashore Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!