“A Great Budget Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
Ucluelet, Canada
“A Great Budget Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel offers a great value. Our room had a comfortable, clean sitting area and a nice flat screen tv. The free wifi worked great. Staff were helpful and friendly. We appreciated the pet friendly aspect. This isn't a fancy boutique hotel experience, but it was better than we were expecting for the money paid. Perfect for a small family on a budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 because it was pet friendly, but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the motel, the spacious room, very comfortable bed, HD TV with cable, couch, and a very friendly staff. The room was clean, close to town center (about 1 mile). I rated it a four because it was a good deal for the price ($78 after tax). The hallways do smell of smoke on occasion, even though we were in a non-smoking room. Our reservation was in order, checking in was very fast. Checking out was just a matter of returning the key,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I didn't expect much - and I didn't get much. Old hotel - and it looked it. My complaint was the guy behind the desk - taking MY credit card (female) and telling my partner (male) that he was setting him up with his "best room to get lucky." Seriously.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went to a family wedding in Seaside Oregon and needed a pad to crash in afterward. So, we stayed at the Motel 6 on the highway. It had the basics and was clean. No frills. What do you expect from a Motel 6. Bed was a hard slab and we tossed and turned. But, like, it is a Motel 6! It's a 5 minute drive to Downtown Seaside and the beach. Best was the price: $98 for in season and they are Ok to rent for 1 night. The Best Western on the beach will nick you for $200 and require that you reserve two nights on the weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place would be okay but it was disgusting with the odor of smokers. It the non-smoking room wasn't smoked in, it was coming in from the smoking rooms. I smelled the odor all night and was totally plugged up in the morning. No ammenities like a clock or even a pen but they do have one channel of HBO and the internet worked well. It was very noisy with the street noises so bring earplugs. It is an easy 1.5 mile walk to downtown Seaside which I will not be walking to again. Go to Gearhart or Cannon Beach or Lincoln City!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 on the last night of a four night trip to the Oregon coast. Mostly because I wanted a shorter drive back to Seattle the next day. The location is right on Highway 101 and not on the beach. My room was back a little from the road and I didn't really notice any highway noise.
The room ended up costing over $75 instead of the advertised $53.99, which seemed a little high, even with the tax. But, I was too tired at this point to really care.

I am giving it a "poor" and not a "terrible" because the front desk lady when I checked in was very friendly. Upon check-in I asked if they had any rooms left with fridges and she said no, but then checked and discovered one available. I had my dog with me, so I got a pet friendly, non-smoking room. The room smelled horrible! I think it had once been a smoking room. It also smelled like a crazy cat lady had brought all her cats and let them use it as a litter box. My dog was very interested in smelling a certain spot in the room. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in that I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet in.

The couch was absolutely filthy, but the bed seemed clean and I didn't find it uncomfortable. There was a small amount of black mold in the bathroom. The timer knob on the microwave was broken. I was surprised that there was no shampoo or conditioner, just soap. Maybe this is standard for Motel 6? I just expect that for $75 I should get at least these little niceities.

On the plus side, the hotel was completely booked, yet it was quiet. I had no trouble sleeping. In the evening I went to the lobby to get some coffee (no coffee maker in the room either, but I knew that going in) and there wasn't any. The nice desk clerk made some for me.

So as I said, I'm giving this a "poor" rating because the service was super friendly. I can't give it an "average" because an average room to me has shampoo, conditioner, coffee maker, etc. Next time I stay in Seaside, I will spend a little more on a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

If your looking for an average room with no frills attached to it, this is the place. Beats paying an inflated price of a room that you have no clue on what you are going to find in it.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Seaside Oregon? Share your experiences!