Microtel Seaside used to be a nice place to stay. However, a recent visit was disappointing from start to finish.
On 06/20, my family and I arrive to a lobby under loud construction. According to a cardboard sign propped next to a makeshift check-in desk, the hotel is in the middle of being converted to a GuestHouse property. When we made our reservation, no mention of construction activity was ever mentioned. Guests should be given a heads-up. In my mind, we’re off to a bad start. On the plus side, the staff member who checked us in was very nice. He tried to place our two rooms close together. We ended up on different floors, but I give him points for trying and being professional. The rooms themselves were not as clean and comfortable as in the past. Yet, we only reserved a one night stay and decide to stick it out.
The morning of 06/21, the front desk/breakfast area was still consumed with construction activity. The female staff member on shift was barely at the makeshift desk, instead chatting with her coworkers. Finally, after getting staff attention, we’re told a computer system (or something of the sort) was being swapped out. It was in the middle of check-out hours and we could not get a receipt. What a strange time to does a project like this, it feels like poor planning on part of the hotel. Why pick a time for printers to be out of commission when people are leaving and asking for their bill? If this just had to be done in the middle of morning check-out, why not preprint receipts? Or how about giving guests a heads-up? After all, communication is a good thing, we could have planned around this. What really irks me is the way the disrespectful male staff member handled the situation, the one fiddling with the computer. He basically just told my father he would have to wait twenty minutes. Ummm…that’s your attempt at customer services? No effort to offer another solution, no apology? Long story short –poor customer service provided. I guess they figure they already have our money, they don’t care if guests need or want a receipt.
In conclusion, this hotel is not as good as it once was. Is it because Guesthouse is now taking over? We’ll never know, we don’t want to stay here again to find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated at the south end of Seaside Oregon on Hwy 101, our hotel is just minutes from all the attractions Seaside and Cannon Beach have to offer. We are eight blocks from the beach, right next door to one of the best restaurants in Seaside, and across the street from the Seaside golf course. Pets are welcome for a $10 per night fee. Our deluxe continental breakfast includes waffles, yogurt, fresh whole fruit, a variety of hot and cold cereals, several different muffins and bagels, and juice/cocoa/tea and coffee are available 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Seaside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Seaside Hotel Seaside
- Microtel Inn And Suites Seaside
- Heritage Microtel Seaside
- Microtel Seaside
- Seaside Microtel