“Off the strip, open late, good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bigfoots steakhouse pub and grub

Bigfoots steakhouse pub and grub
2427 S Roosevelt Dr, Seaside, OR 97138-6528
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Austin, TX
“Off the strip, open late, good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I, traveling with his two teenagers, had this on our list of potential eating places during our one night stay in Seaside. After walking Boardwalk and seeing how crowded and expensive those restaurants were (not to mention witnessing some pretty poor service), we decided to head back toward our hotel, very close to this restaurant. Fortunately, it was open until ten, which in Seaside apparently counts as "late."

The kids were delighted by the clever, newspaper-like menus. The food was reasonably-priced, but, this being a tourist town, our expectations of the quality were low. We needn't have worried. While nothing mind-boggling, the food (Caesar salads, hot wings, fettucine alfredo) was very good, fresh, and well-prepared. The wings were standard and tasty, the Caesar was not overdressed, and the alfredo seemed to be made with real ingredients. The food showed up fast, and the service was excellent. (Thank you, Noel!)

The service, in fact, deserves a special mention. Noel did not just service our table, she made us feel tended to. She was an excellent server. (The young man who seated us was friendly and funny, as well, and checked on us during our meal.)

We came in less than an hour before closing and the place was about half empty. It was quiet enough for conversation, though perhaps a little dim for the adults' aging eyes. I appreciated being able to have a conversation during dinner.

Overall, this was a great dining experience in a setting (tourist town) that often lacks them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palm Springs, California
“Dinner with cousins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had the prime rib and it was just average The fries were very good. Cindy had the beef stroganoff and would not order it again.
The prices are reasonable. We would return just to try other items on the Menu and make sure we have given it a fair shake.

Visited July 2013
“Don't waste your time at this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and had made a reservation at 1oclock for 6:30pm for a party of 9. My brother is active military and has been serving overseas and loves this place. When we got here we were told that they were busy and that it would be 45 minutes! When we explained that we had a reservation we were told it would be about 10 minutes. As there isn't room to wait indoors for 6 adults and 3 small children we waited just outside the door. As people came and went I couldn't help but notice that 3 other tables ranging from 3 to 6 people had gotten seated before us. Finally after an hour my brother went in to speak to someone. Turned out to be the owner. He started to explain that he was active millitary and has been stationed overseas. And before he could finish his sentence this woman rudly replied "So," Stunned, my brother paused and then continued to explain that he is active millitary and has been stationed overseas for the last 2 years but the last time he was here he really enjoyed it and than anything she could do to help us be seated would be appreciated. At this point she just said "Yeah well we're really busy so...." So my brother came back outside. At this point we decided to just go somewhere else, when a moment later the owner came out and said our table was ready. Reluctantly we went in to find a small table ( 3 foot by 4 foot) surrounded with chairs! As everyone started to sit I could see that we would be smashed shoulder to shoulder. At this point I explained that this wasn't going to work. So frustrated we got up and started to leave when we were confronted by the owner. Her exact words were "What's your problem!" "Where you goin?!?" So I calmly explained that we had a reservation, had waited well over an hour past that and when eventually did get a table it is too small for 9 people to physically sit around. On the way to our car we ran into a local business owner that was on his way in and could see that we were unhappy. So he stopped to talk to us come to find out he had a reservation as well for his whole company (who was there the whole time we were). He offered to let us join his table but by this time one has to wonder and worrie about retaliation. I use to love this place but unfortunately they lost a customer for life.

Visited July 2013
Renton, Washington
“Always a must stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We come through Seaside several times a year for several years now. This restaurant has never failed to satisfy everyone from child to adult. Great food, good price, friendly staff. Good choice if looking for steak!

Visited June 2013
Keizer
“Best Place we ate in Seaside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Bigfoot Restaurant was the best food we ate on our trip to Seaside. Everything was fresh and delicious! The service was excellent, especially from the manager. He checked on us several times and seemed to want to make sure we were getting everything we needed and having a wonderful meal. He really seemed to enjoy his job and making us feel welcomed. We ate there for lunch and the menu was extensive. It took us awhile to decide what to choose. I thought the prices were very reasonable for most of the menu, except the the steak choices. A steak meal was about $20. I had the taco salad (delicious and loaded with all the extras) for about $11 and my daughter had a half caesar salad that was also very fresh and delicious for less than $5. We shared a strawbery lemonade, and it was the best I've ever had. Real lemonade with real strawberries added, and you get a refill for free. Mmmmm! When visiting Seaside again the Bigfoot restaurant will be my first choice for a meal.

Visited June 2013