“Great food, good people” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 88 restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Seasides best old school style burger piled high with shredded lettuce, tomato, and onion, and top off with a tradition secret sauce with a touch of chipotle for a spicy smoke flavor. All Burgers are served with a side of delicious thick cut seasoned fries.Home of the (Mermaids Purse) All fish are wrapped in a parchment purse and backed with a variety of flavors. This method allows the fish to stream in its own juices, finish moist and absolutely delicious.
Otis Orchards, Washington
“Great food, good people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Spent thanksgiving in seaside, weather pretty wild so stayed close to the Tides by the Sea. The Pub is within walking distance. People here are friendly and fun, prices are right and food is wonderful. Try this little local pub, you won't be sorry.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Monroe, Washington
“Gotta Getta Mermaid Purse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I'm hooked. Ordered the Mermaid Purse and it was excellent. Comes with one of two different kinds of fish, vegetables, and rice. The rice is super perfect and way nummy! When I go back I'm bringing more friends :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monroe, Washington
“The Mermaids Purse was original and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

The U Street Pub & Eatery has a new name, new menu, and new owner. It was nice to meet you Teri (who personally greeted us at the door upon arrival). We decided to try something we had never heard of before called the Mermaids Purse. We had our choice of two different types of fish that were wrapped in parchment paper along with rice, vegetables, and spices. I had the Sweet Chili Purse and it was super great! They have a full bar area which is where we sat and they are very good with large families. There’s room for large groups and one of the things I really liked about this place was that when you do come in with children they have a big roll of butcher paper that they tear off a big sheet and lay down on the table for the kids to color. Very nice. Definitely will eat here again! Oh and its Dog Friendly (thumbs up)

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“New owners for an old business. Nice patio, casual restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stopped by this restaurant because I was close to my hotel. The patio is very appealing but lack of... let´s say some "atmosphere". Service was prompted and they have a good beers selection. Food is just ok, but they are changing the menu. When we were having dinner, a nice woman asked us how was everything and identified as the new owner. She looked very interested on renew the whole kitchen, the decoration and give a 180 degrees spin to the menu. I wish her all the best and I´m sure I´ll go there again.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What were we thinking?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

First the pro - it's easy to find a place to park. Unfortunately, there is a reason.

Another pro - radio station was playing good songs.

We'd been there before but couldn't remember what it was like. The moment we stepped through the door, I remembered. We should have walked out, but I would have felt embarrassed, so decided to grin and bear it.

The place is stuck in a 50s time warp (other than the music), and it honestly looked as though that was when they cleaned the place last too. Sticky dirt tables, menus filthy. We decided to get a cup of clam chowder and me an iced tea and coffee for my husband.

I have no idea what my iced tea was, but it wasn't iced tea. It tasted more like watered down diet Coke with fake lemon juice added. I was praying I wouldn't get sick later (which I did BTW), and drank it anyway.

The clam chowder was OK, but probably the worst we've had all the way up the coast. Adding pepper helped it a small bit, but not by much.

We paid the bill, then did something we've never done before. We went to another restaurant - Normas, and had some good clam chowder and decent food.

Needless to say, we will NEVER step foot in the Harbor Bite dump again. EVER.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere