“The Only Place for Crab” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bell Buoy of Seaside

Bell Buoy of Seaside
1800 South Roosevelt Dr, Highway 26 / 101 and Ave S, Seaside, OR 97138 (Formerly Bell Buoy)
503-738-6348
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Portland, OR
“The Only Place for Crab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

A real shack, but decent service, decent prices, and much, much better food than comparable items in the city. Careful about buying crab next door, though! We bought a pound of crab, which weighed in at 12 oz. at home! Let them weigh it for you, and pay attention!

• Visited May 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Best Fish & Chips In Seaside!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

I read the reviews and was anxious to try Bell Buoy during our spring break trip the first week of April, 2015. My family and I stopped for lunch as soon as we got into town, we didn't even want to try to check in to our hotel before checking out the famous Bell Buoy.

I'm glad we did!

Hands down this is the best fish and chips in Seaside, possibly even the Oregon Coast (but I did have a great fish and chips in Cannon Beach too). My son and dad don't like fish but they loved the chicken strips. My daughter adored the clam chowder. I had the crab cakes and my husband the halibut and chips and we shared with each other. The crab cakes were good, a little too much "filler" to be rated the best but the halibut was A-MAY-ZING!!!

The food is the star so don't expect anything else great in the restaurant. The service wasn't great, the woman was a little aloof and looked at me like I had three heads when I told her there were six of us. The biggest table is a 4 top. I think it would be better in the summer when you can sit outside. No matter, I wouldn't hesitate to go back for the super yummy food!

• Visited April 2015
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tacoma, WA
“Tasty and Fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

We stopped here on our way to Cannon Beach for a quick lunch. Friendly service. Crab cakes were hand formed and freshly cooked. The clam chowder was a big hit! A great little stop.

• Visited March 2015
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent mom and pop shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

Let me first say that I am a fan of this place. My bestie and I were in town and looking specifically for a good clam chowder. After getting lost, we did find it. Jessica took our order and was delightful. She was very kind and accommodating.

The clam chowder was hot and tasted pretty damn good. While it wasn't the best food I have ever put in my mouth, the experience and the staff is what made this place at minimum 4 stars.

I like that it's just a mom/pop place where you can get some hot food, and a smile to go.

Keep up the great work!

• Visited August 2014
“Fresh salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

We always stop here when we to to Seaside to see what fresh fish they have in stock. We are never disappointed. The prices are spendy but you aren't gonna get this fresh in a restraunt and considering we spend about a hundred on a big piece of Chinook that fed 5 of us, that would be well over $150 in a restraunt. Don't forget to grab some canned tuna while you are there. Its better than anything they sell at the grocery store.