“Perfect breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maggie's on the Prom

Maggie's on the Prom
581 South Prom, at Seaside Oceanfront Inn... enter at street level off 580 Beach Drive or directly from the Prom, Seaside, OR 97138
503 738 6403
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
atlanta, ga
“Perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had the most wonderful breakfast her after a long walk on the seafront. I only had coffee and toast but the service was friendly and efficient (my coffee cup was never empty). The restaurant is beautiful inside and out, with a gorgeous beamed ceiling inside and a cute little garden overlooking the sea. The vintage jazz playing in the background was a perfect accompaniment. I can't wait to come back in the winter when the big fireplace is going.

Visited September 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We eat in Maggie , food was very good but to much light , they need to dim the light so can light the candles

Visited September 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Maggie's on the Proms. We were fortunate to be there during an unusally warm September evening, consequently we sat outside and enjoyed the sunset while we relaxed to enjoy our meal.

We started our meal with poke which was as good, if not better than any we had eaten while in Hawaii. Yum!! My salmon special was outstanding, as was the carrot/currey soup. My husbands fish stew was a bit rich, as it had a cream sauce.

We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After reading other reviews on Maggie's, I was really looking forward to eating here. First impression was good. The restaurant has a welcomng feeling. The service was attentive, if at times a little disorganized. The poor waitress was there on her own, but the bartender did step in and help from time to time. The cioppino was OK, but not memorable. I tried the highly rated hazelnut halibut, but unfortuately, that night it was over cooked and dry. My husband liked the crab cakes, but not the sauce they came with. The scalloped potatoes were tasty, but underdone. The green salad was good, as was my broccoli.

I would suggest that the restaurant take a look at some of the stuff they have sitting around which make things feel cluttered or messy, especially around the work stations. On the bar, there was a continuous slide show featuring the rooms in the hotel which is above the restaurant. It was distracting and not very professionally done. I am going to pass on coming back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Altos Hills, CA USA
“Excellent food in a pet-friendly environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Sitting on the deck with a fabulous view of the ocean and our dog tied next to the table was an unexpected pleasure. The food was excellent and reasonably priced-- two appetizers shared by the three of us (crab cakes, and soft goat cheese with sun-dried tomatoes and roasted garlic), huge crusty scallops, two pasta dishes (one with mixed seafood in a cream sauce and and one with giant shrimp in a spicy tomato sauce), soup or salad for all, and three glasses of wine, totaled less than $120. Service was a bit slow, especially delivering the check; but we were in no hurry.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere