“beautiful view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Oceanfront Inn

You added Seaside Oceanfront Inn to your Saves list
Seaside Oceanfront Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   581 South Promenade, accessed from 580 Beach Dr or direct from the prom, Seaside, OR 97138   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Seaside B&B and Inns
Fortuna, ca
“beautiful view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed on the 4th floor in the Northwest timber room. This was our 3'rd visit. There have been improvements with the new owners. The dinning area is very nice and lovely views. Breakfast here is ordered off the menu and is included in the price of the room. The food is very good and friendly staff. Our room had a lovely view. If you want ice you can get it where you check in. Our room was two stories. Upstairs was a whirlpool tub that had a view of the ocean. Half the tub was not working. The small corner shower was also upstairs. There was a slight moldy smell. There was also a sink by the shower. There were no directions about how to turn on the whirlpool tub, which was a little tricky. There actually was not information about the hotel in the room. For example, all lodging places post check out times and also evacuation rules in case of emergency. We had to search the room for the TV remote. I found it under the bed and had to crawl under it to get it. There was a lot of dirt. I did notify staff when I checked out, so they hopefully took care of that issue. This room is very overpriced. There were two great chairs to sit in by the windows. The bathroom downstairs that has the toilet is very small. It would help if they removed the phone that sits by the toilet. There is also a glass shelf that is in the way. I hit my head on it once. I think for the price some of the other rooms that have views are better. I was surprised that there was no alarm clock radio in this room. Also there is no night stand on left side of the bed. I would not spend money on this room again. As I said before there are some other cheaper rooms that are nice and have bigger bathrooms.

• Liked — The breakfast and the view
  • Disliked — The price and the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1,697 helpful votes 1,697 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We rode our bikes down to the Seaside Inn for dinner last night. I had the Hazelnut Grilled Halibut with lemon dill butter and a side of Buttered Linguine. The halibut was perfectly prepared and also a side of very good grilled veggies were served with the halibut. A fresh, green garden salad comes with your entree here. The ambiance is very nice, we were seated at a window table where we enjoyed a nice sunset while having dessert.

Our service was very good, I had a glass of Chardonnay and everything was of the highest quaiity at very reasonable prices. My husband had the Riesling Sage Chicken that came with a Riesling sage sauce that he said was very good. Our desserts were the Chocolate Silk Pie which was rich and decadant and the housemade apple pie which was the best apple pie we may have ever tasted in a restaurant.

This is a great new addition to the Seaside dining scene where great food and pretty views are hard to find. The restaurant is opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner and lucky for us it is just a short bike ride. We will return again and again here!

Lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Where to start? Enter the hotel up ugly concrete steps complete with bowl of pet food. Tricky to find check-in. Room bore no resemblance whatsoever to photo on website (and there's only one of each room). Dirty windows looking out over scrubland towards beach. No safety instructions in room. Room clean but very shabby with dated furniture. Beat a hasty retreat to Cannon Beach. And it wasn't cheap. They did refund one night and we're waiting for a full refund.

• Liked — It looked clean enough. Possibly ok for petowners.
  • Disliked — Overall shabbiness & feel we were misled by website photo.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

It's the nicest building on the promenade with a pretty little garden. Our 4th floor room was clean, comfortable and quirky though somewhat scuffed. The in-room jacuzzi was fun - especially as you could look out over the shore.

Staff were friendly, food was good and the place is good value.

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — Some furniture was rather scuffed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

This is a sweet boutique-style hotel with unique room furnishings.

Positives: Great views, on ocean/boardwalk, absolutely delicious food for breakfasts, tea and coffee avail in lobby all day, dog friendly rooms available (they even laid out some pet accessories in the room for us), vcr and limited movies avail and close access to a microwave for popcorn, charminginly decorated rooms and attractive lobby.

Negatives: Room was small - we were quite crowded. No employee is available in the hotel at night (children next door were very loud yelling/slamming doors, running between rooms etc... at 2am so I called the front desk repeatedly and rec'd no answer so I finally went down to the front desk and only found a phone set on the counter and a note with a phone # to call if there was an emergency. I didn't call so got a terrible nights sleep.) And unless you get the 2 spots in back of the hotel, you have to park offsite in a vacant lot so I was concerned about our vehicle.

• Liked — Location and Food
  • Disliked — Small room, no staff at night, parking down the street
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed here 8/9/07. There are new owners as of the beginning of 2007, Nancy & Robert, and they are making lots of improvements with still more to come. All of the staff couldn't be nicer. The main common room used to be crowded with an overabundance of seashore decorations; but now looks neat and attractive. A wonderful full breakfast, made to order, is served every morning. In early August, they were just opening the restaurant to the general public also. The Inn is located right on the prom, just a short block or two from Broadway, the main street. Over the years, I have stayed in most all the different rooms, each with it's own "theme." This year, we stayed in "The Library," which has a partial ocean view, and a cozy and comfortable queen size bed. This room has THE largest Jacuzzi I have ever seen in a room! It could easily accommodate more people that the room itself!!

• Liked — Great staff and location.
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

This hotel is no longer called the Seaside Inn. It is under new management, and is now called Seaside Oceanfront Inn. We stayed there two nights and were completely charmed. The hotel has a wonderful old-European hotel feel and look to it, and was my favorite lodging throughout our coastal and Portland trip.

We had a white wicker room overlooking the ocean, and we were quite comfortable. A whale sculpture on the wall was a nice touch. Most of the sconces in the halls are shaped like shells, and the few other rooms I was able to peek into were also nice. I wish I could have seen more.

The staff at this hotel was exceptionally nice and helpful.

The best thing, however, was the delightful lobby/bar/dining room. Cozy throws, armchairs, candles, European music, and a fire drew me to this large room with an oceanfront view.

I ate a couple of very light breakfasts, so I cannot really comment about the food.

My only complaint was that I was told our room had a bathtub and it did not.. A lot of recent changes apparently caused the staff member to get confused. We could have changed rooms, but we liked our room so much that we kept it.

• Liked — Its old European charm
  • Disliked — A mistake was made with our reservation
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seaside Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!