“Perfect for a family beach stay!” 5 of 5 stars

King room rates at $54
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durango, Colorado
“Perfect for a family beach stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is an older Motel, but it was clean and very spacious.We had a 2 bedroom w/ queen beds and a King bed in the main room, so 3 beds and a kitchen gave us a lot of room to spread out.
The prices were very good considering the prices of other motels at Seaside- and its only a block from the beach!
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Even though this place shows it's age a bit- it was everything we wanted for a family beach vacation.

Green Features: They washed our towels even when we hung them up- I guess housekeeping wanted to err on the safe side- but I do like to be eco-friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Grabbed a reservation at the City Center for a couple of nights so my dog could enjoy the cool beach weather. If you're looking for a four star experience, keep looking. The City Center is a budget experience at a budget price.

Pros:

Location - Sited a couple of blocks from the main drag and a couple of block from the Prom, the City Center couldn't be in a better place.

Dog friendly - Got a dog, he'll be happy here.

Price - Relatively cheap, though I did notice that walk up patrons paid less than I did with my reservation, somewhat aggravating.

Cable - The television received 70-80 HD cable channels.

Cons:

Noisy - My room, 202, was two door down from the office. Sound was barely baffled and I could clearly hear the conversations of people passing by. My favs:
"My heart weighs with anger."
and
"He pushed me down and I was crying."
"Where was I?"
"You weren't there."

The room was tired. My dog spent most of the time in the room sniffing the well-worn carpet. The door didn't have a dead-bolt lock. (Other rooms did. I never discovered why mine didn't).

The desk clerks weren't very helpful, though I found the housekeeping staff to be friendly and attentive.

Didn't try the indoor pool. It looked small, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Room Tip: Avoid room 202 and try to get something away from the office and off the road.
Green Features: They do the typical hang your towel back up if you want to save the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Marysville, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The rooms are very small but was fine for my daughter and myself. I was disappointed that I went to the office with an issue and nothing ended up being done about it. I had a family of 6 (in a small 1 queen size room) across from me. Both nights I was there the children were running all over the place, banging on my door and trying to unlock it. I talked with the office and was told that they would speak with the party in the room. The second right was worse. The office staff needs additional training on how to handle customer issues. We felt unsafe and on edge all night long.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience from the other family. We have staff onsite 24/7 to handle any issues but we will certainly re-visit staff training on handling noisy guests. Thank s again; hope to see you again soon.
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel had an excellent position . right down the street from the promenade and close to the city center with the shops and resturaunts. The rooms are incredibly small. My room (single queen) was too small to have two people up and walking at the same time. We would have to take turns to get up and do something... When we asked to change rooms, right after we had checked in we were told that they couldn't further accommodate us because we used a third party site for our reservation (price line). Whereas I have ran into problems with rooms purchased through price line before and was never informed of this stipulation by other buisnesses. Seeing as how it was me, my girlfriend and mother we weren't comfortable all sharing a queen bed in an 9x9 glorified closet and the business hadn't given us any other choice, so we were forced to leave and drive home. not to mention the room wasn't even ready to check in to until 3 oclock in the afternoon. With a reservation in place.

Room Tip: Don't get then single queen if you enjoy breathing and leg room. It could be suitable for a sing...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear the queen room did not meet your expectations. For a party of three I recommend a room with two queen beds. Our motel has different types of room types based on guest needs. Sorry you couldn’t get into your room at 3pm; our check in time is at 4pm guaranteed as we are in peak season. Please call us directly next time and we would be happy to help in reserving a room big enough for your family.
New Springfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

No phone, no clock, television was on the wall of the side of the bed, no nightstand on one side of the bed and very cramped. Roomed smelled of stale smoke. Pool was very small compared to the pictures online. Even with a discounted rate, we could have stayed somewhere nicer for the same price. The only thing we did like was the very short walk to the promenade and beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We don’t offer many amenities because we try and keep our rates low for such a high and busy Season in Seaside. Thank you for highlighting the fact that we are a basic motel centrally located in downtown Seaside. We strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms for your basic lodging needs. Thanks again for your time.
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed here considering the price it offered for a night stay .. i was really tight on a budget and hence i choose this one... Reception was open till 10:30ish night i guess by the time we reached there ... she was very helpful to co-ordinate the room and parking space ... about the room - as soon as we entered the room we found very different smell - like a bath soap or something - quite unusual for me ... but once you are inside the room you kind of get habituated ... lots of spaces in the room I must say .. chairs were worn and heavily weathered ... besides that everything was ok...
only complain i have though is my experience at the time of booking through their site ... when i selected the room and went till check out section i had a lower price, and while i tried to check out, it said the page is "timed out" and i need to start all over again ... to my surprise when I started again, i immediately saw price has gone up $11 more than what i had initially selected ... did not expect such thing within 2 min ... too bad !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

City Center Motel is really a one star motel. The pictures on the website were misleading. The first room had cigarette butts outside the door. Inside it smelled of stale cigarette smoke masked with air freshener. We were switched to another room and it was dingy (one of lamps did not work and another was missing a lamp shade), it also had a bad smell, was moldy and the floors were dirty. There was no phone and no hairdryer. The bed sheets were worn or well used, there was only one chair in the room that had stains on it and one small table - so there was no place to put our stuff. My partner and I had to immediately look for another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear that we fell short on the cleanliness of your room. We take pride in being a 100% non-smoking motel and I will be working very closely with our housekeeping staff to prevent any further issues. Thanks again for your feedback.

Been to City Center Motel? Share your experiences!