“Compared to the Beach front Shilo this one is Great!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 South Holladay, Seaside, OR 97138   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Seaside
Vancouver, Washington
“Compared to the Beach front Shilo this one is Great!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Shilo is only a block farther from the beach, and at least 150 dollars cheaper a night and nicer. Yes, they too are old and out dated, they have metal keys instead of more modern cards. They could use a fresh coat of paint here and there, but I have tried most of the ocean front hotels at Seaside, and they all could. The pool is nice, the hot tub was nice, and you can use the pool and parking at the other Shilo too. I found the people to always be friendly and helpful.

The beds are comfy, the rooms are big, there is a refrig and coffe pot in every room, and the heat/air worked. And I saved a boat load of money and got some extra steps in by walking a little more. Perfect!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor, could hear every noise from the floor above, but we did no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
tia2zach,

We are so glad that you had such a great time and please know that we appreciate the wonderful comments you have made about us and also for letting us know where we can improve! Being a coastal hotel does make maintenance a challenge at times. We look forward to seeing you again soon & thank you for choosing Shilo Inns when you travel.

Andrew Oberembt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Corvallis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

After checking in and getting two keys (not key cards) we went to our room. Maybe it is the time of year (low occupancy rate) but our room #109 had a musty smell.(I had a Febreeze bottle from my car and sprayed the room and that helped a lot while we were in the room).
I've stayed at several other Shilo Inns and have always been comfortable in the room. There was just something about this room that reminded me of a more budget minded motel. Our room was definitely outdated. The grout in the bathroom was very dirty. Around the bottom of the tub on both ends, there was a gunk build up. There was a hair stuck to the shower curtain. Our bed was nice, but I ripped off the bed spread as it looked like it hadn't been washed recently. The pillows were wonderful as was the rest of the bedding; although it was not very comfortable being able to see outside (even with the curtains fully closed) while laying in bed facing the window. Who ever put curtains did not take them beyond the edge of the window and any one can peak into part of the room.
We really appreciated that the pool area is open 24 hours. After a long drive, both the Sauna and hot tub were very hot and inviting! I know that the hotel can't change it, but the deepest part of the pool was only 5 feet, still very able to swim in and enjoy relaxing.
I do recommend that you ask for an additional bar of soap for the shower as there was just two of us and we used the 1 bar completely and had to grab the 2nd bar from the sink area.
Would I stay here again? After the rooms had a deep cleaning ( I will call first next time first to ask if this has happened recently).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Tiggerious,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns Hotels and thank you for taking the time to share with us! Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I have spoken to my staff and we will be going through that room to insure that there are no other issues in the future. We are thrilled that the overall the room was comfortable and the pool more than met your expectations! We have had many comments from guests about our 24 hour pool and how wonderful it is to have that available to our guests.

Andrew O.
GM
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is not the Shilo Inn on the beach at Seaside but it is very nice. The room was... huuuuge... as most Shilo Inn rooms are. The bed was comfy and all was clean, upkept and nice. The pool area here is great. They have a nice pool, great hot tub, great steam room and great dry sauna. I used all four. The breakfast was your normal continental without waffles - ok. The staff both night and day were very friendly. There was only one other room being used on the night we stayed there - a bit wierd - but that is the season I guess. The price I paid on hotels.com was a very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear therealsherlock,

Our staff is thrilled to hear you had such a great time during your stay! We take “affordable excellence” seriously and work hard to make sure that each of our guests enjoys their visit to Seaside. Thank you as well for all your kind comments about our hotel and staff; we appreciate all guest comments and it is especially nice to know what we did right for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Shilo Inns when you travel.

San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The first thing you notice when you check-in is that you're handed a big metal block key. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't provide an electronic key. It should have been a sign. The rooms were very dated. The front desk was not very friendly. The best were very uncomfortable. This place will do if you can't find another place, but I would not go out of my way to book it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Lch86,

I am so sorry to that your stay was less than perfect! Please know that we do take all of guest’s comments seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share with us. Our guests are very important to us and we want to insure that your stay reflects our “affordable excellence”, we apologize that it did not. I have spoken with our staff and we hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future and see the difference.

Kuna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Nice friendly employees! I'm disabled, when they saw the cane they moved me from 3rd to 1st flr without without me asking! Room was good size. However for the price (summer tourist prices) the wi-fi did not work all night despite many complaints from many guests. Faucets hard to turn on for disabled, bathroom was not too clean, drain clogged with hair, tub had minor damage, No security keys, old metal kind, key lock hard to use, Carpet stained. Debris under pull-out hide-a-bed my son used. Fridge had broken shelf. TV tube going out. Dust bunnies under bed, and on walls and ceiling. Pet friendly (staff puts out kitty food for local strays, takes good care of them - does not let them bother guests) but no place to let pets walk on grass or use the "facilities". Location is close to Hwy 101 but not too close to Promenade or beach. Not bad, but for the money expected more. NOTE: saw staff drain jacuzzi, clean, and refill after they saw small children use it, good planning on their part!

Room Tip: Bottom flr convenient for disabled, ask for a room near the 24 hr pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Al T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us about your stay! My staff appreciated the many kind comments you made about them! Please know that we take every one of you concerns seriously and are working to address the issues you mentioned in regards to your room. We do want you to return in the future and we want you to continue to choose Shilo Inns when you travel.

Snohomish
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked a mini-suite with 2 queen beds on Expedia's web site (hurry only 2 rooms left at this price). When we arrived, we got to sleep on a lumpy pull out couch-bed with no adjustment to the room's costly price. I understand that Expedia and priceline.com commonly overbook and the "fine print" says they don't guarantee you'll get what they advertize. Buyer beware!!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask them to match the internet price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear David D,

Thank you for your understanding and we are so sorry that this happened to you! I know we spoke in regards to this during your stay…definitely book directly with the hotel in the future, so we can accommodate you in the room type that best fits your family. We enjoyed having you as our guests and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am so impressed by this hotel. Yes, the room was typical for the price range and the breakfast was minimal (mostly carbs so didn't work for diabetics), but the staff made our stay absolutely terrific. Friendly, helpful, pleasant! They really went the extra mile for us, both during our stay and two weeks later when I called about an item we lost.

Room Tip: We asked for ground floor, and were able to park right in front of our room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Wilma P,

Thank you for your wonderful comments; I have shared them with my staff! We work hard to treat each guest as special and insure they have the “affordable excellence” that Shilo Inns are known for and we are glad it shows. I am also very pleased we were able to take care of your lost & found item! See you again soon!!

Andrew Oberembt

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East? Share your experiences!