“If you are just in the mood for saled!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Scappoose
Cuisines: American
or
“If you are just in the mood for saled!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Being a buisy mom of 3, Eating out is a treat, and oftentimes frusterating. Another family member assured me they were family friendly and so we gave it a go. First impression, boy its dark, and small. But this feeling was quickly overcome by the friendly waitress popping over and inviting us to sit anywhere. We orderd burgers for the kids and all you can eat sales bar for the adults. The waitress happily split the order onto 2 plates for the older ones and my little guy snoozed on the huge bench while my Husband and I got saled. My children were thoroughly amazed and entertained at watching there burger cook on the open grill in the middle of the restaurant. For the salad bar, everything was fresh and tasty, i'm not a fan of the macaroni saleds n cocktails so I can't comment on that. This place is kid friendly but not really somewhere I would take them portion and cost wise. Bottom line! if you are in the mood for a really yummy all you can eat saled this is the place! Two thumbs way up! If you are in the mood for a burger, go to Icibods. The wonder burger is to die for and will feed two girls/kids or 1 really hungry guy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pacific NW
“aged beef”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We didn't order aged beef, but it took so long to get our food, that the steaks had aged slightly by the time we got them. We stopped in for a quick dinner. A friend said that she'd been here before, and that it was decent, so we ate there.

The seating is self seating. This was fine. Our table was dirty, and we waited till they finally cleaned it. The place was fairly empty, but it took the waitress almost 1/2 hour to come to our table. When she did, she acted like she had practically given up on life altogether. Very slow to answer questions and seemed somewhat befuddled. She was not elderly, either.

A cool feature of the place is a big grill in the center of the room with the option of the staff cooking your steaks, etc., or the do-it-yourself way. We chose to have her do it. Another 1/2 hour later, she finally tossed our steaks onto the grill. It took about 45 minutes till she checked them. We ordered rare, too. Finally about 20 minutes later, we just went up and got them ourselves. Fortunately, we also ordered salad bar (average stuff on it). At least we could munch on salad bar stuff till the steaks finally got there. About 15 minutes later, we asked for our baked potatoes. The waitress gave us a "why do you want them" kind of look, and about the time we finished the steaks, she brought the potatoes.

By then, we were just sticking around, just to see how slow she could be. Kind of weird entertainment. The food was boring, and the service was terrible. Amazingly, the steaks were still somewhat rare. Maybe the grill was on the lowest setting or something. Seems like they would have burned otherwise.

Also, this is a historic property. One of the oldest buildings in the town, and made of solid bricks. Very dark inside. Not many or any windows. We were fine with this, but claustrophobic-types might have difficulties there.

In bad economic times, I hate to say bad things about small businesses like this one, but that's how things happened that night. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere