“Excellent take out, not chain junk” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 47 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Japanese
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent take out, not chain junk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

When we're lazy or pressed for time, this our first option. Can't beat the teriyaki box. Always fresh, made to order, not left in in a warming bin under hot lights. Not gormet, but always fills us up. We just call ahead for pickup and driving time from our house in 10 min. It's always ready to go.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Decent bento”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

A little under sized for value. 7.50 for the bento isn't a bad price but not island sized portions. Not many teriyaki places in Sandy. Pho Vet in Sandy has better deals but is different style of course being Vietnamese food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Not bad teriyaki”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I have eaten at Island Teriyaki three times, the most recent time being the week of 02/15. The three experiences have been varied......

The first time, I was by myself and thought it was good teriyaki. I always get the chicken yakisoba; it runs $7.50.

The second time, my husband was with me and found a hair in his food. Yuck, but not exactly that uncommon anymore.

The most recent time, I got the usual and it was good. They put plenty of chicken in for the serving size. However, for the price, I think the serving size should be bigger.

Sodas are expensive here, so I never get one. The restaurant is clean and pretty simple....lots of reading material, a sauce bar, etc.