“Great stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Sandy
San Jose, California
“Great stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you're driving the Mt Hood Scenic Byway, this is a great place to stop on the way. Right off of Hwy 26, the bakery and restaurant are on the south side of 26, right next to the turn off to Jonsrud Viewpoint at Bluff Rd. The bakery is also a deli and an extremely cute gift shop. Sandwiches are made fresh while you wait, so you can browse the local wines and homemade pies, use the (clean) restrooms, and choose something decadent from the bakery counter (try the chocolate cookies!)

Visited September 2012

Santa Maria, CA
“best bearclaws”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We only tried the bakery but it is the best! I love their bear claws and my husband loved the eclairs. Very cute gift store as well.

Visited May 2012
Redmond, Washington
“Good Food and Lots of It, Terrific Baked Goods, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

After driving from Seattle, we stopped here for dinner last night based on earlier reviews. This is a family type restaurant with a lounge and an attached bakery. I had the full rack of BBQ ribs and my wife had the Chicken Supreme. Both dinners were served with a side of mixed veggies and a baked potato. The amount of ribs was overwhelming.The 14-16 ribs were enough for me, my son later last night, and me again for lunch today. . I had a side salad ($2 extra). The ribs were tasty but not world class. Several specialty BBQ restaurants I've eaten at do a better job smoking the ribs and offering a variety of sauces. The Toll Gate had only one mild-type BBQ sauce. That said, this is not a specialty BBQ restaurant. My wife said her Chicken Supreme was very tasty. It too was large enough to provide food for two meals. The highlight of our visit was the stop at the bakery after our dinner. They have a wide variety of cookies, danish, cupcakes, and pies. We bought a butterhorn, a bear claw, and several other yummie treats. This is the place to stop if you want to load up on baked goods as you come into the Mt. Hood region. The service was very good also,

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aloha, OR
“This is the coolest place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Yummy food, coffee, deserts and all the candy from my childhood. Plus they sell vintage and new items.
U gotta go.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“Super Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stopped in the bakery after eating lunch at the restaurant. The baker helped us and explained what everything was. You could see his love of baking shine through with his pride of his goodies! We bought a whole box of true yumminess and I could not wait to dive into my butterhorn with almond paste! Without a doubt, the best danish I have ever eaten!! And trust me, I have eating a lot of danishes!! Excellent Excellent EXCELLENT!!

Visited March 2011