“Awsome Service and great rooms” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3301 Market Street North-East, Salem, OR 97303   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Sacramento, California
“Awsome Service and great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Red Lion Hotel is Awsome. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. The rates are good and the rooms are very clean and very confortable. Oh, Did i mention the service was great! I will book future stays at The Red Lion Hotel in Salem

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We were close to most of the activities in Salem. The room was large and had everything we needed. We brought a teen and he would have been happy to just stay in and watch TV. We liked it so well we stayed an extra night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
La Grande, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I travel to Salem about once a month on business. The nice folks at the Red Lion in Salem make me feel like a welcome friend. It's comfortable, convenient and has an excellent restaurant. Stop in and say "Howdy" to the manager JoSue. She knows her town, she knows where all the best shopping spots are and is always a gracious hostess.

Room Tip: Just ask! They'll always try to help.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Keizer, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We decided to stay and the Red Lion for my 14 year olds birthday with a couple of her friends. We rented two rooms and asked that they be adjoining. Tiffany went above and beyond to accomodate that request. She set us up with two wonderful rooms. When we went to check out the rooms, unfortunately our neighbor was alittle loud for us. Tiffany without hesitating moved our rooms. And those rooms were even more beautiful. The girls LOVED the pool and we all had a GREAT time. Tiffany was polite, courteous professional and very helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

A last minute trip and we needed accommodation in Salem. Did our usual and looked to Priceline. Didn't think this is the hotel that we would get though as were counting on a different one. When we looked it up, we figured we'd just have to "grin and bear it". We knew we'd only be sleeping there and weren't planning on spending much time in the room. We got the room for $55/night so didn't have high expectations; however, the room was renovated relatively recently and clean. They gave us a 'great view' of the roof top and somewhat noisy AC units, but hey for $55, it was overall surprisingly quiet. Everything was "fine". Nothing worse, nothing better. On a side note, if you're looking for a great breakfast or lunch spot, try French Press, about a 7min drive from the hotel. Great crepes and latte!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I had the most contact with JoSue, during the day, she is very helpful and went out of her way to meet my needs. JoSue arrainged gratis transportation for me, and gladly helped me with other unexpected issues that popped up. I feel like she gave 110% to me as I imagine she would any other guest! Fred, in the evenings, was also very friendly and funny and helped me with extra towels, lotion etc.
The bartenders, James and Obie, are awesome joking around with the customers and always mindful and timely with cocktails and food service.
The restaurant has fabulous food, the eggs benedict is so good that I have been trying to find comparable here in Las Vegas, and I'm still looking.
The rooms are upscale, very clean, and the bed is so comfortable!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
St Helens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Making reservations and checking in was pleasant and awesome. Room could have been better! Outdated tv, dusty, not vacuumed real well, mold in bathroom...for a red lion this hotel was awful. We went down to the restaurant for lunch at 1p only to find out they don't serve alcohol until 4pm-asked for a room service menu but was told had to get it from desk clerk, desk clerk said it should be in room which I told her twice it wasn't and then she said well I can't help you then! Our room was above the bar and that night they had a live band that played til midnight, the couple upstairs fought all night and when I complained the next morning they asked if I had called front desk I told them if the desk clerk couldn't be bothered to get me a room service menu I doubt she'd done anything about the noise!!! I will not stay in this Red Lion hotel again! And I have told all my family to not stay here. When I did complain they didn't do anything about it either!!! No discount or anything. I have gotten better service and treatment and apologies from the low end chain hotels like Super 8 then I did Red Lion!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Hotel Salem? Share your experiences!