“Not what we expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the other Salem location last year, and this one has a higher rating than the other, so we opted for it this summer. Big mistake. This hotel is in dire need of an upgrade... all the fixtures look worn - carpets, tile, tub, etc. Even the dresser/tv stand in our room had a broken drawer that didn't close properly.

There were creepy repair people lingering around at all times. The breakfast was substandard compared to what we've received at other locations. Just not our favorite Comfort experience... in fact, definitely the bottom of the barrel compared to the Albany, other Salem, and McMinnville locations which we thought were fantastic.

I'm sure it was an oversight on the part of housekeeping, but we also found nail clippers and toe nails between the bedside and bedside table on the floor. Kinda gross, and not what I wanted to see when I went to plug in my phone charger.

This one experience wasn't enough to deter us from frequenting the Comfort Suites line of hotels since we've had so many other positive experiences, but we certainly won't be back at this location again.

Room Tip: We always pick the top floor, but this location doesn't offer any vending or ice options on the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your comments and review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Located very conveniently and in a nice area. Our room was nicely appointed....everything we needed for a one night stay. The breakfast was typical but adequate. If we were in this area again we'd stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to having you back in the future
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks (with a break over the weekend). Dorane, the GM, was always accommodating and friendly. The rest of the staff as well interacted with us and did whatever they could to make our stay a positive one.
Problem arose the 1st night when one of the beds needed some repair. First thing the next morning, Steve, the repairman came in and fixed and maintained both beds. I learned that he is there 3 days a week.
One extra that others have mentioned: Monday-Wednesday they serve a light evening meal! always a tossed salad plus other items. One night was lasagna!
We will definitely return on any future visits to Salem.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the WEST end of the building. We had a "two queen" room whic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback.
Okanogan, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay at Comfort Inn's and Quality Inns when ever I travel. This is definately on my favorite list. My daughter attends college in Oregon and we love staying at this hotel. Not only is the hotel very clean which is super important to me but they have a wonderful breakfast and even better they have that extra special touch.....They offer a continental dinner on certain days during the week.....it's amazing!! Where do you ever find a continental DINNER??? Very rare in fact this is the only hotel I know of that has ever provided this service. That just goes to show you that they go the extra mile for their customers and I APPRECIATE it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to write a review on our hotel. Glad you enjoyed our little extra snack in the evening. Look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We came for the annual convention of Jeovah's Witnesses. We love it here and will be back! The rooms are very spacious and very clean. The hotel staff are all so nice and helpful. The breakfast is great. Really, I can't say enough good about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you! We appreciate having you stay with us a 2nd time. Hopefully we s
see you next year!
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have never had a bad stay here. I had made a mistake and booked at one of their other hotels in a different location and the staff were wonderful helping me get my reservation figured out. Not only did they get me straightened out, but they kept my specific reservation with a full house. I couldn't ask for anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you :) Glad we could help!
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is a reasonably good value for money. It is not the top or the bottom of the market, but strives to be simply a place to hang you hat overnight. Check-in process was very slow. I wait nearly 10 minutes while the person ahead of me was taken care of, and then another 10 minutes while I was checked-in. Turned out the person on the desk was a trainee. He was confused by my prepaid room, and wasn't clear how to handle it. He finally went back and brought the MOD (manager-on-duty) out to help when he got stuck. The manager should have been here from the outset, particularly when thre were people waiting.

The room qualifies as a "suite" as it has a mini-fridge and a microwave, with a small sitting area in the king-bed units. We found the bed hard, to our tastes. It's clear the bed and furniture have not been upgraded in a while.

The room is date, and worn, but but unacceptably so. Everything was clean and functional, although I found dark hairs on the sheets near the pillows, and on the nightstand. Probably just the maid's. There were no lingering oders in the room, which was great.

All-in-all, it was just one for our needs, and represented a good value, for just over $100.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our staff. I hope that if you get back to our area, you will give us another try.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!