“Great lunch buffet, friendly service, and it's really inexpensive...great for a college budget if you know what I mean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon Restaurant

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

Salem Oregon
“Best in Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

If Saigon isn't the best restaurant in Salem, please don't tell me. My family and I are quite content to think so. Everything here is in thoughtful proportion, which has more to do with a satisfying experience that we sometimes think. It's not too big, never crowded (please come help fill up). Quality Asian pastels and photos on real wood paneling, two live Chamaedorea palms, no howling and pounding on the sound system. The Saigon (egg) rolls instead of a dough blanket have the thinnest, hottest crust, the Garden (spring) rolls strictly fresh filling. The Egg Noodle (wonton) soup, not all noodles for a change, blends pasta and fresh vegetables in a memorable broth. You can sample many of the fifty entrees at the lunch buffet, not all of which I have yet tried. In those I have, it's particularly the excellent and authentic sauces that work the magic. The magicians: Nguyen Dong and wife Tran Hien. Proprietors, native Saigoners, they create that warm familial welcome I have seldom found outside the Orient (I know, I have lived there). They both serve and cook, and courteously, personally, manage your dining experience and sense of belonging. M-F 11-8, Sat noon-8. [--], in the as-yet still free parking square. [--]. Do come.