“Great lunch spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Dessert
KY
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We eat here frequently and have never gotten a bad meal or bad service. Highly recommend, especially their soups!

Visited February 2013

Springfield, Oregon
“Wild Pear Wins my vote”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My stepdaughter-in-law and I met at the Wild Pear, she came from Portland, I came from Springfield, OR. So here's what I look for in a restaurant. Oh, by the way, Sarah, SDIL, is a foodie. I am a food snob. Tough crowd. So:
1. Great Food.
2. Great Service.
3. Can hear each other talk.

Wild Pear did superbly in all three categories. Sarah and I had great difficulty picking from the well-described, mouth-watering menu, not because we found it difficult to find something we wanted, but because there were 6 or 7 menu main dishes we wanted. Now, that is highly unusual for us. Both of us usually make-do.

The Service was beyond expectations. We sat there for a solid 2 hours catching up since last we talked, and our waitress encouraged us to take all the time we needed. The place is small and had filled up about 1/2 hour after we arrived so I took notice of that service-generosity.

We could hear each other, no problem. I am hard of hearing, especially in ambient noise. The have a few booths in the back that provide better insulation from ambient noise. Sarah and I arrived at 11:30 a.m. and had no problem being seated in the booth I chose, as the reception who Sarah called ahead of time promised. Arrive by 11:30 a.m. and no problem getting you seated, they said. They were right.

A little thing, the most adorable tea bag anywhere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Catered and Still Enjoying Leftovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently attended a gathering where Wild Pear catered. The meatballs, cheeses, vegetables, chicken skewers, desserts, beverages and service were excellent! We are still enjoying the leftovers we kept in our fridge.

Visited March 2013
Albany, OR
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I met friends at the Wild Pear today, not knowing what to expect. We got there at 11:15 AM, which was good, because the place fills up quickly with local workers and shoppers in downtown Salem. The menu is HUGE, the prices reasonable and the food tasty and varied. Our friends are vegetarians and have other taboos, and they still have a lot to choose from. They go twice a week, usually, and we told them to include us in, even though we live over 20 miles away. The portions are large and the service was excellent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Keizer
“The best lunch in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband & I love to have lunch there almost every Saturday . Have tired a lot of things on the menu & never been disappointed ! Awesome staff who are very prompt to serve us .

• Visited January 2013