“Great choices for vegetarians/vegans” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 450 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Spokane, WA
“Great choices for vegetarians/vegans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved the fact that they have a separate 4 page menu just for vegetarians. I was eating alone and got a nice table and great service. The waiter was friendly and helpful with suggestions on what to order. The service was fast. I was in and out in around 45 minutes. I got the sweet and sour tofu. The sweet and sour sauce was very good, but it was a lot of tofu. It could have been more veggies, less tofu, but that's just a personal opinion. I would definitely make a point of going here again next time I'm in Salem. There were so many things on the menu I would like to try
I also ordered the vegan dessert, a orange cake of some kind and it was gluten free as well, I did not really care for that
All in all, a very good experience. Next time I would like to ask for a window over looking the park.

Visited June 2013

“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am actually very satisfied with this restaurant. It wasn't very formal place but still seemed very nice and the employees were very nice too. I was very happy about the food. It was a decent portion size and I really loved their clam chowder. Prices were not too bad. And it is good place for large groups of people. Considering I was there on Friday night and it wasn't busy at all.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon
“Great food, great service, reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had our first experience at Marco Polo this weekend and were very pleasantly surprised. They handed us three menus; vegetarian, european cuisine, and Chinese food. I ordered the pistachio crusted chicken with raspberry sauce and my husband had the mahi mahi with a blackberry sauce. Both were excellent. The service was surprisingly fast and the atmosphere was very nice and quiet. No screaming kids! Yay! Prices were very reasonable as well. We will definitely be going there again soon!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Many delicous choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Marco Polo has a a pretty large menu - however the food does not suffer. My wife always brings back left overs (because she works in the area) and it's always delicious. You know a restaurant makes good food when it still tastes amazing the next day. I highly reccomend the orange chicken and the kung pao shrimp.

Visited May 2013
“Gluten Free Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have enjoyed Marco Polo in the past, but since our doctor placed us on a gluten free diet we had not been back. Their full menu of gluten free entrees was astounding. We ate a wonderful meal with our friends. The server was very attentive and very good.

• Visited April 2013