“My meal was just ok” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Keizer, Oregon
“My meal was just ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice facility, friendly waitress. The special was misleading. Lobster fest for $12.99 turned out to be a pasta dish and the small lobsters were much higher in price. I don't mind paying the prices but it disturbs me that I felt misled. My favorite snapper dish was no longer offered but they said they would grill me a piece . The snapper was over cooked and falling apart on the plate that had a very small portion of steamed vegetables. The vegetables were cold and the snapper didn't taste like snapper. My husband enjoyed the oysters and ribs. I will say the garden salad was very good and the service very attentive. I felt maybe we stopped on the chef's night out. As always the bread very good. The place seems to be managed well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Silverton, Oregon
“Lots if shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I went for the shrimp special. Four different kinds of shrimp with a bit of pasta, rice and French fries. A bit of everything for a good price. I always enjoy my meal here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon
“Best Seafood Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Salem. The food is always fresh and good tasting! The prices are reasonable and the appetizers are top-notch! My favorite appetizer is the Olive Oil and Prawn Crostini. Six (or is it eight?) crispy baguettes topped with olive oil, garlic, basil and tomato, and a large prawn on top! The mix of flavors is incredible. I also love their scallops. The sweetest, freshest scallops I've ever tasted! My husband usually orders the Fisherman's plate...fried clams, scallops, cod fillets, and prawns. You always get a basket of fresh baked bread with each meal, and the chowder is the best I've ever tasted,.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Good Food, Mediocre Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a stop over in Salem and someone had recommended McGrath's. We arrived at about 7.00pm and had a wait of about 15 minutes. We had downloaded a coupon ad to our iPod as we did not have printing capabilities on the road. We were led to a table and given menu's. Shortly after - Nate - our waiter, arrived and asked if we would like drinks. We asked for water which was promptly delivered along with sourdough bread and butter and he announced his favourites were the Parmasan Crusted Halibut and the Wood Fired Salmon. We mentioned the coupon on the iPod and showed him and he said he could honour the free shrimp cocktail with the order of a dinner entree. The Coupon advertised it was good for all guests at the table. We ordered 2 fish and chips. Shortly after he delivered a salad which we proceeded to eat. About two minutes later he delivered one shrimp cocktail and two forks stuck in it. About 8 minutes later a young lady delivered the fish and chips, we were still eating salad and had shared a little of the shrimp cocktail. We had to ask a passing waiter for vinegar because we did not see our waiter until almost the end of the meal when he asked if everything was OK as he was passing by. Seconds later he delivered the bill without even asking if we wished for desert, coffee or tea or perhaps an after dinner drink. He then proceeded to clear all the plates on the table . We definitely felt very rushed. He completed the transaction of paying for the meal and then wished us a nice evening and thanked us for coming. We left at 8.15pm.
Food good, service rushed and incomplete.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indio, California
“Good Food, Dreadful Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have moved to S. Cal recently, so we won't be going back. The food was fine; the service was AWFUL. A disinterested waitress, and a manager with no interest in supervising or supporting his staff. Overall, an amateur effort at best.

Visited February 2014