“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Salem, OR
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a 10 minute wait until we got a table which isn't bad at all until we noticed that the place was half empty. Then the person who sat us told us that the kitchen was backed up and we would have a longer than normal wait until we got our food. I feel they should have given us that warning when we first got there. The person who took our order was very friendly but it took her forever to wait on us and then she never came back to our table after we got our food to ask us if we wanted another drink, etc. I ordered the filet mignon and it tasted very salty. I ordered a loaded baked potato for my side dish and it was topped with a lot of cold sour cream which made the baked potato luke warm. My husband ordered the garlic mashers and he said they were cold. We think the food was done quite a while before they served it to us. Maybe this place just had an off night since other reviewers seem to really like it but my husband and I won't be going back - at least not any time soon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Oregon
“Excellent food for a great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

There is a nice variety of food on the menu, and excellent specials, all at reasonable prices. "Peach" theme is found throughout the menu; from drinks to sauces to desserts. The staff is very friendly and service is excellent. Rudy and Elaine are great. It was the best meal we have had in a very long time. What a nice addition to South Salem!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

South Salem is not the gourmet capital of the state. This just opened up and it was recommended to us as a good place to get a burger. We found it much more than that, best all around food in town. Very high class and not overpriced.
The first surprise was the clam chowder, among the best we have had. We asked for a quart to take home. My wife had the burger which was half pound of Angus beef, and very good. I had the prime rib, which was excellent.

Service was great, the manager came by and chatted with us, telling us how they happened to recently convert from a wedding reception place to a restaurant.

This may be our new favorite restaurant in town. We will tell friends and family, who are active in eating out. And we will certainly be back.

• Visited September 2012