“Excellent source of the most beautiful perrininels I've ever purchased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schreiner's Iris Gardens

Ranked #1 of 29 attractions in Salem
Type: Specialty Shops, Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We invite you to stroll through our 10-acre display gardens during Bloom Season early May to early June. Gift shop, plant sale, cut Iris by the stem or by the dozen. Gardens open dawn to dusk. FREE admission, FREE parking. Gardens closed during the off-season. Office open year-round.
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Excellent source of the most beautiful perrininels I've ever purchased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been to this site many times, as well as ordered many bulbs for gardens that I have created. I have even moved these bulbs from Oregon to both Washington and California with great success. I have split them so many times over the years with good results. I started with a 50 bulb plan. After 12 years I have over 1500! I keep enjoying them year after year. so do many people that walk by my home and stop to enjoy the beauty and the fragrance of some of them.

austin, tx
15 attraction reviews
“If you visit in May or June”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Schreiner's Iris Garden is open to the public during blooming season from the middle of May until the middle of June. It is beautiful and an enormous bouquet of irises can be purchased for $6.

SC
7 attraction reviews
“Unexpected surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend from Portland took us here. We are visiting Portland and told us about this garden. We went today and had a great time walking the gardens. I took over 100 photos. This is well worth the time to come. They sell cut flowers and wish I could have taken an arm load with us.

Mesa AZ
11 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Beautiful gardens. Went at peak blooming time. Never knew there were so many iris's in existence. Some a even fragrant. Well groomed and well layer out. A must see.

Portland, Oregon, United States
16 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Gardens!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I decided to stop by this nursery before work. It was a beautiful sunny day, about 70 degrees. I love taking pictures of flowers. The gardens are in bloom from early May to the first week of June. It's a perfect place to take mom for Mother's Day. In about an hour, I took nearly 200 shots. I enjoyed these gardens just as much as the Dahlia Festival in late summer. If you see yourself getting tired, there are plenty of colorful benches to sit on. Also, they have a number of picnic tables set up under the shade of the trees. Luckily, there's no fee, unlike the Tulip Festival we checked out a couple weeks earlier. I'm planning to go back on the next sunny day to take more pics!!!