“Could be fantastic. So much potential....”
OK, so my wife and I disagree. She would rate it (much) lower, so this is more what I would rate it.
What I liked:
- it's a working sternwheeler, for frig sakes. On a real river. Guys like me like that.
- the captain's anecdotes (interesting history), but not enough of them.
What I sorta liked:
- the food
What I sorta didn't like:
- it was not good value for money, overpriced for what you get. That is hard to explain when, after all, you get to ride on a working sternwheeler (a rarity), but a few extra touches would make this a fabulous attraction worth every penny. Maybe they need some competition. I left feeling, "you know, that wasn't worth what we paid." That's a long way of saying I was disappointed.
What I overlooked but my wife didn't like:
- cobwebs all over the place ( I mean, old is old, but please dust the place once in awhile and power wash the outside)
- the incredibly slow drink service (had to go to the bar ourselves)
- the canned corn served with dinner
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.